• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is this hutch a good size ?

I say it depends of the size of the bunnies. I'd say it's ok but I could understand why some would say 6ft is better. Preferance I guess. I have a 4ft double for my Mini lop and Netherland Dwarf and they're happy as anything. I guess as long as they have plenty of running room then they're ok :) The run space is more important in my eyes.

I would go for a 6ft single.
The double hutch sounds like more room but with my one I found that the ramp takes up most of the space on the top level and a lot from the bottom level. The only had a thin strip where the ramp didn't get in the way. So I've swapped to a single level. I got a 6ft by 3ft for £150 so I was happy. :)

I liked the double level for one reason and that was they were higher up so I could give them cuddles a little easier. :)

Check how much space is taken up by the ramp - some double hutches you end up with less space than if you had a slightly bigger single one. Also, depending on the size of the buns you can always put a shelf at one end. My two are mini lops, and in the hutch they're in whilst we're away (4'x2'x2', but 24 hour access to a VERY big run via runaround tunnels), they have a snuggle box that's about 12" wide by 12" high (x20" deep). The roof of it is low enough for them to jump onto and they spend as much time sitting on it as in it.

ETA, Lol Jenova you beat me! You can get big single hutches on long legs from a lot of places. I'm really missing the tall hutch they have at home, the one they're in up here is really low!

Last edited:
I don't know much about rabbits but I think a single storey hutch would be better, just in case they slip on the ramp or something and they could hurt themselves

double 6ft would be best!!!! :wave:

but seriously the 5ft double would be best from the selection as its higher up for handling and more space :wave:

The 6 foot is better as they have more of an area to move about in without having to change direction and go up or down the ramp.

Back