• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Found Rabbit

Jack Bunn

New Kit
This morning we found a pet rabbit wondering the street, it looks in good condition. We have gone round and knocked on doors but so far no luck. We are going to try signings to see if that brings any joy.

However, if this doe not get any results, does anybody know of a bunny sanctuary near to the Isle of Sheppy / Sittingbourne in Kent?

Hi ya, well done for taking the bunny in, hope he or she is ok.

Here is a list of national rabbit rescues, there are a few in Kent and it looks like there are two that are near you - Belgrave Bunnies in Isle of Sheppey and Giant Rabbit Rescue in Sittingbourne (presume that means they mainly take large bunnies but could try anyway).

http://www.rabbitrehome.org.uk/centres.asp

There is also an RSPCA in Chatham, dont know how far or near to you that is?

PS with the signings it might be best to just put up brief details like "Found pet rabbit, please contact xx on xxx" without giving a photo or description - as then you can ask anyone who enquires about a description to know if they are the genuine owners, otherwise you might get passersby who just fancy a free pet. Or am I being paranoid?! :oops::lol::lol:

If you give the bun to a rescue try and find one with a no-kill policy :wave: a lot of the rspcas euthanise after a certain amount of time, and I think some dont take in strays.

PS with the signings it might be best to just put up brief details like "Found pet rabbit, please contact xx on xxx" without giving a photo or description - as then you can ask anyone who enquires about a description to know if they are the genuine owners, otherwise you might get passersby who just fancy a free pet. Or am I being paranoid?! :oops::lol::lol:

No you're not being paranoid. Some people would see the rabbit as a chance to make a quick pound or two, or worse some people use rabbits as live food - a quick youtube search will show you that.

Plus its easter - a free easter bunny could be something that is very appealing.

Thanks for the comments, yes the sign just says "Found Rabbit, 20th March Contact .... " But we are really not sure what to do.

We do already have one of our own, and did have 4 at one time. It is very hard not say we will keep him / her, but we went through a lot with the other bunns.

Just hope we can find it's home.

I hope the owner comes forward soon, it was good of you to take the bunny in :)
I'd phone the local vet and police, see if there's any reports of lost bunnies :)

How nice is that, good for you for taking it in. I love happy endings too, its so awful when pets go missing I bet they are so happy.

Back