• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Next door making huge racket, the buns are scared stiff!!

Liz47

Wise Old Thumper
:( Next door are making a huge racket with some machinery, it sounds like some very loud lawn mowers/hedge trimmers but I'm not sure what they're doing because I can't see over the hedge. The noise is defeaning for me and the buns are scared stiff :( I am with them and have been stroking them to calm them and have tried talking to them but there is no way they can hear me over the noise. Beano ran out of the litter tray to the corner of the shed which is her spot to run to when she feels she needs to get out of the way and Gordon is hunched in the litter tray. Both their eyes are wide open with fear :cry: I tried to give them some more pellets and Beano is normally jumping in the tub but she wouldn't come to me. I offered her some from my hand and she ate for a bit but the noise got louder and she stopped, Gordon ate some too but stopped. What can I do to calm them down? I'm hoping the noise will stop soon :(

When we were having insulation put in the wall cavity they had to cut a hole for a vent. We have concrete walls so it was a noisy job and Nutmeg and Smudge were scared stiff so I took them in the carrier and just drove up the road a bit until it had finished. Could you do that for a while?

Yes they are outside. The noise has stopped now but the buns are still looking a bit scared, I'm hoping that will be it but I think if they were trimming the hedge they will be coming up the other side right behind the buns shed :( I can't take them for a drive because my dad won't do that but if they do start it again I think I will bring them in, most of the windows in my house are open because my mum is having a big clean round so I will keep them in my room which I will keep cool until they've finished. I'm listening out to see if it starts up again. Poor Beano and Gordon, they looked so scared :( They are both in the litter tray now, still alert but beginging to settle. It makes it worse because my neighbours kept making loud noises themselves and messing around with the machines making them go louder :( This has got me thinking, they are going to build a house on some land next door and that will be even louder, what will I do then :( Hopefully it won't be for another months/even a couple of years because thingsd have been going very slowly with it so far.

So next door started trimming the hedge right behind the buns shed and kept banging the shed. Beano and Gordon were terrified so I've brought them inside. They are now running round my room loving it!

Perhaps you could pop round and say something like sorry to be a pain I don't mind you doing that sort of thing but is there any way you could just give me an advanced warning next time so I can move the rabbits inside as it scared them.

I'm sure they won't mind just popping over to let you know, but I guess it might not be until next year if they do it again.

Poor Gordon and Beano. Spenser can sympathise. Thank goodness you were able to be with them while it was going on.

Perhaps you could pop round and say something like sorry to be a pain I don't mind you doing that sort of thing but is there any way you could just give me an advanced warning next time so I can move the rabbits inside as it scared them.

I'm sure they won't mind just popping over to let you know, but I guess it might not be until next year if they do it again.

Erm, I don't think I can do that nor will they listen to me. The man has been in lots of trouble with the police for killing our cat, throwing rocks over our hedge and beating up my dad infront of me when I was about 8 after my dad had gone round and politely asked him why he was throwing rocks over the hedge because they were hitting our conservatory. He scares me :oops: I kept the buns in around an hour and they are back out now as the noise has stopped.

Erm, I don't think I can do that nor will they listen to me. The man has been in lots of trouble with the police for killing our cat, throwing rocks over our hedge and beating up my dad infront of me when I was about 8 after my dad had gone round and politely asked him why he was throwing rocks over the hedge because they were hitting our conservatory. He scares me :oops: I kept the buns in around an hour and they are back out now as the noise has stopped.

Oh my god! He's TERRIBLE! (and I've never even heard of him before in my LIFE!)
:(

Back