• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Gulp....tomorrow is the big day......HE'S HOME!!

clarebear

Mama Doe
Bramble is off to the vets first thing, and being neutered in the afternoon. I'm so scared :( Any tips?

Last edited:
stay calm... harder said than done i know but he can sense your fear..

also remember vets neuter buns all the time and a male neuter is alot less invasive than a female spay :)
hope this helped...
i knew all this and was still unsettled about jay having his neuter :)
(hugs to you both)

He will be fine! As you know I was so worried about Benji because he's five but he's taken it all in his stride and has totally bounced back!:)

I'd recommend making him a lunchbox of all his favourite things to give to the vets nurses:)

Try not to let Bramble know how nervous you are - bunnies pick up on our moods and feelings. I'll be in the same boat on Thursday.

Good luck for tomorrow :wave: I'm sure he will be ok :) Yes take his favourite food with him and if he has a blanket or something like that take that with him so he's got something familiar with him xxx

He will be fine! As you know I was so worried about Benji because he's five but he's taken it all in his stride and has totally bounced back!:)

I'd recommend making him a lunchbox of all his favourite things to give to the vets nurses:)

Definitely this ^

It is scary, but try to take reassurance that it is a really routine procedure. I'm sure he'll bounce back quickly.

For all my worrying about my two eating after the GA, the vet nurse rang me to say the first thing they both did when they woke up was drag themselves towards the pile of food in the corner! :roll::lol:

Sayrah82 - that's what my girls did too... Anyone would think they were driven by food.....:roll:

Clarebear - I would say 'try not to worry' but I know that's impossible. All I can say is that Bramble will be in the best hands so PLEASE try to distract yourself tomorrow :)

ChloeMurray's lunch box idea is a good one. I made up a little box of things for my girls when they went in. As well as making sure they had their favourites when they came round, it gave me something to focus on when I was feeling nervous!

Thank you all, I am incredibly nervous :( but I'm sure he will be fine. He keeps looking at me........I'm sure he knows something is going on.

He did let me brush his mullet earlier, so he doesn't look like he has dreadlocks anymore! :lol: Got to look smart for the Vet.

Once you've dropped him off make sure you have TONS of things planned for you to do. Keep occupied. It will stop you becoming the embarrasing blubbering wreck I was 2 weeks ago when Munchkin was done :D He'll be fine I'm sure xx

Thank you. Well we took Bramble to the vets this morning at 8.30am. The vet checked him over and said he was fine to do it, but he wondered why it had been left until he was 4 years old. I explained that I wanted to get him a friend, so I think he thought it was a good idea. He did the bit about the risk of a GA, but said the risk was very small which was reassuring. He said that unless I was thinking of putting another rabbit in with him, that it wasn't entirely necessary to neuter male rabbits.....:? Not what I thought at all! I thought it was of benefit to their health too?

I have to ring at 3pm to see how he is. I am missing him already :( So scared.

It's not as necessary as it is for does - bucks can't get pregnant, nor are they at risk from uterine cancer. It is generally agreed that neutered bucks are more relaxed, and of course not at risk from testicular cancer. I get the 'not necessary' argument a lot from family and friends, which is why I've put off having Spneser done.

Back