• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do You Think it is Worth Asking ?

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
I would love to be able to feed my Buns more of the dried herbs, plantain, dandelion mixes now available from Burns and other Rabbit Feed companies. Living in SW London the availability of any suitable forage to dry is limited to say the least. But with 35 Rabbits I cannot afford to buy them on a regular basis or in great enough quantities :cry:

Do you think it would be worth emailing some companies to see if they'd do a good discount on a bulk order ? I know I am not a Rescue/Sanctuary here but ............. :?

Opinions please :)

You can try Jane, but when I tried I had a nightmare, everyone I spoke to asked if I was a breeder and when I said no they changed and said they couldn't help, I suppose breeder means more rabbits so more profit for them

How much are you looking to buy?

Their plantain was the first thing Smudge tucked into last night. A lot of places will do a discount on bulk orders but it's not normally a lot. :(

You can try Jane, but when I tried I had a nightmare, everyone I spoke to asked if I was a breeder and when I said no they changed and said they couldn't help, I suppose breeder means more rabbits so more profit for them

How much are you looking to buy?

Oh............... :?

Not sure re quantities, it would depend on what sort of discount I could get.

I am not holding out much hope but I guess I can only try :?

If they ask me if I am a Breeder I will tell them 'no' and the reasons why !!
Politely, of course.............. :angel:

Politely, of course..............
:angel:

Hmmmmmmmmmm just like I did :shock::shock::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Politely, of course.............. :angel:

Also let them know how many buns you do have though. :thumb: Hope it works out well xx

I recently bought Oxbow orchard grass 22kg and it was only a tad more than the 11kg quantity. I'm sure someone somewhere could get their act together and do big quantities/bulk discount on herbs. I'm sometimes buying 4 bags of plantain a month and it adds up, I'd much rather spend a tenner on a big bag of it. Typically I probably could find places to forage but I just don't have the time.

Good luck with it. Burns are on the Make Mine Chocolate supporters page - they should *in theory* be supportive of the non-breeder/sactuary owner.

There's definitely nothing to lose...the worst that can happen is that they say no, after all.

Emphasise that all your buns are rescues, that you have contacts with a lot of rescue organisations, and that it would be a good piece of PR for them to be seen to be helping rabbits in need ;)

If no luck, could you try growing some of your own? You'd only need a few containers to get some plantain/clover/dandelion/mint growing. Maybe not enough for 35 buns but every little helps.

Have you tried ebay Jane?

They are not the Burns mixes, but you can get a lot of dried herbs from people who bag them up themselves, I imagine they would be happy to give a discount for a large order.

I buy my cammomile from a seller that I think is called Spiceworks.

Have you tried ebay Jane?

They are not the Burns mixes, but you can get a lot of dried herbs from people who bag them up themselves, I imagine they would be happy to give a discount for a large order.

I buy my cammomile from a seller that I think is called Spiceworks.

I get calendula petals off there at the moment since my supply for this winter has run out :)

I think the reason they probably favour breeders is that they have 'customers' who they can recommend the product to, and this will generate further sales. The same could be said of rescues or boading establishments I suppose.

Back