• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Mounting

vickypawz

New Kit
A pair of rabbits have been bonding for over a week and a half now, they are becoming more confortable with each other and have moved from a small space to a larger one. However, the male rabbit still mounts. They have both been neutored for over a year.

Will it stop?

Hi there! I have two boy rabbits and they have been neutered since September, and Casper still mounts Charlie. It happens at least a couple of times a week. It is always Casper and never Charlie. Haven't ever seen Charlie do it. I think it is a dominance thing. Casper never hurts Charlie, just humps away and Charlie never seems distressed, just carries on eating or whatever he is doing. Then when he has had enough he just moves away and it stops. I think that neutering doesn't stop the humping completely and as long as no one is getting hurt or distressed it is okay. Am just talking from my experience with my two, but am sure someone else on here who is far more experienced may be able to help you further but just wanted to say that Casper still humps after having been neutered. :wave:

Hi,

As far as I am aware, humping is also a sign of dominance and is the bunnies way of showing who is on top.

Furby and Ellie were sisters and both had their ops at 6 months old. However right up to the day she passed, Furby would 1-2x weekly hump Ellie!!:roll:

Now that was embarrasing when my nephew was watching...

Mounting is a sign of dominance, it also doesnt help that spring is here. This affects some rabbits more than others.

Hi,

As far as I am aware, humping is also a sign of dominance and is the bunnies way of showing who is on top.

Furby and Ellie were sisters and both had their ops at 6 months old. However right up to the day she passed, Furby would 1-2x weekly hump Ellie!!:roll:

Now that was embarrasing when my nephew was watching...

Ha!! It is embarrassing when they do it and my 7 year old son says, what are they doing mummy! i just say they are having a special cuddle!:oops:

I think I just went red and said they were playing a game.
The only problem was the next time they were at it, he called the whole family over and wanted to show them the "game"...... Oh God!!!:oops:

Back