• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Keeping sheds/outhouses cool

katie2000

Alpha Buck
:wave: Following on from todays lovely weather I have been thinking about how to keep the buns outhouse cool over the summer...

It's a brick shed which does have the tendancy to get rather warm when the sun streams in and last year I had to move them out. I do have windows which open wide but I just wondered if any of you had any better tips for me? :)

Where is the heat getting in, if it is through the windows, these can be meshed and shaded using an external blind.

If it is through the roof, can you insulate the roof?

You can buy reflective foil, if you put that over the parts exposed to the sun it might help. Also try to get a breeze gowing through some how, maybe a fan if nothing else

I *think* most of the heat comes in through the window as it stays cool until late afternoon and then the sun streams in through the window. I suspect that some heat may also be due to warming of the bricks on that particular wall too.

What sort of external blind would you suggest?

If it was the roof then is this easily insulated?

I'm afraid I don't have much of a clue about these things but I could definitely rope family/friends into helping me out :D

You can buy reflective foil, if you put that over the parts exposed to the sun it might help. Also try to get a breeze gowing through some how, maybe a fan if nothing else

ooo that's a good idea! I am hoping to get a stable type door put in which will help the air circulate straight through the window and out the top of the door :)

Back