• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

bonding advice

trufflebun

Warren Scout
A lady locally wants rid of her 8wk old bunnies. Poor things, i was just wondering if it would be easier to try to bond Truffles with a baby, obviously i would get her spayed as soon as she is old enough, he's been done but would i need to wait to try and bond till she'd been done.. How can people just cast these poor babies out, makes me so so mad ....

i honestly can't give you proffesional advice but i have bonded young unspeyed females with Buddy.
just because he pined so much for a mate when maisie and dorothy died. he is neutered and to be fair he was very good with them, he groomed and snuggled but i never saw him mount them, but he is very chilled and laid back.

i got the girls done as soon as they were old enough and they went back to him without any problems.:)

i honestly can't give you proffesional advice but i have bonded young unspeyed females with Buddy.
just because he pined so much for a mate when maisie and dorothy died. he is neutered and to be fair he was very good with them, he groomed and snuggled but i never saw him mount them, but he is very chilled and laid back.

i got the girls done as soon as they were old enough and they went back to him without any problems.:)

Thanks, Truffles is really laid back too so maybe thats a good sign ..

just keep a close eye on them for a while if you do go for it. i have found young females and older males my easiest bonds.

see what other advice people give, i am only going on my own experience but i have done this twice now with Buddy. first when Dot died i got Maisie who was about 12 weeks old. then when she died i got Lula and Blousy together who were both 9 weeks. and it was fine.

hope it all goes ok. :)

Last edited:
just keep a close eye on them for a while if you do go for it. i have found young females and older males my easiest bonds.

see what other advice people give, i am only going on my own experience but i have done this twice now with Buddy. first when Dot died i got Maisie who was about 12 weeks old. then when she died i got Lula and Blousy together who were both 9 weeks. and it was fine.

hope it all goes ok. :)

Thanks for that x

Back