• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Scrapping during/after foody time! :-/

TeflonsShadow

Wise Old Thumper
Rimmi and Winter are such a fickle pair! Recently, they have begun scrapping about food...... but its odd..... its never over dinner time (scatter fed pellets) or hay time, or dry food time.... but if I hand feed them..... say a pellet as a treat, dried carrot or a crunchie.

I do not like it..... I've never found a bite mark from the scraps, but after having a bun with abscesses, I worried about them biting each other and causing an abscess.

I think its partly to do with spring fever...... but should I STOP hand feeding them??? :(

It would be sad to do this, as often its my closest time with them (especially Winter, as she will climb and binky over us in the evenings, but is always too quick to stroke! Whereas she will let us stroke her until our hearts content if we're feeding her!! :lol: )

Please RU, what should I do??

do you always give them food at exactly the same time when feeding?

Ruby is insane at feeding time, she runs around in circles and just goes bad, she has bitten me and OH to the point of drawing blood and bitten the others as soon as food comes anywhere near. I think in the same way they are blinded by anger in a fight and just lash out at any bunny, some bunnies are blinded by excitement when it comes to food and lash out at anything thinkings its food

do you always give them food at exactly the same time when feeding?

Ruby is insane at feeding time, she runs around in circles and just goes bad, she has bitten me and OH to the point of drawing blood and bitten the others as soon as food comes anywhere near. I think in the same way they are blinded by anger in a fight and just lash out at any bunny, some bunnies are blinded by excitement when it comes to food and lash out at anything thinkings its food

When handfeeding, yes..... but the trouble is, Winni eats alot faster than Rimmi and will hop over to him and see if she can steal his (out of his mouth!), hes started getting fed up at this and will lunge at her......

Or, when they have both finished, the both go over to see if either has any left and Rimmi a chase will begin. :roll:

They never used to do this. And its only when I hand feed :?

When handfeeding, yes..... but the trouble is, Winni eats alot faster than Rimmi and will hop over to him and see if she can steal his (out of his mouth!), hes started getting fed up at this and will lunge at her......

Or, when they have both finished, the both go over to see if either has any left and Rimmi a chase will begin. :roll:

They never used to do this. And its only when I hand feed :?

sounds like they are getting over excited, be a shame if you had to stop hand feeding them though as you have said its the best time you spend with winni due to her bouncyness x

sounds like they are getting over excited, be a shame if you had to stop hand feeding them though as you have said its the best time you spend with winni due to her bouncyness x

I know..... :(

Maybe I will not hand feed them for a week or so and then see if things change...... if they dont, then I will feed them smaller bits so there is never anything to steal from each other..... I dont want to give up hand feeding totally.... other than being mean to each other.... they are usually so good :roll:

Maybe I will not hand feed them for a week or so and then see if things change...... if they dont, then I will feed them smaller bits so there is never anything to steal from each other..... I dont want to give up hand feeding totally.... other than being mean to each other.... they are usually so good :roll:

maybe they're just acting up to get more food.... its all part of their master plan! ;)

Do you feed ss pellets? If so, try breaking Rimmi's in half and so keep him busy with the same amount of pellets but in more pieces. Would that work?

I break Dan & Clos fenugreek crunchies which I hand feed into small pieces so that they can't pinch each others.

They had a bit of a scrap at breakfast time this morning too - first time ever. I think they were just over excited. I usually take all the covers off first and undo the shutters etc, but I think I will get in the door first tomorrow and feed them first before doing the covers.

It's spring, and a full moon too - no wonder they're all bonkers :shock:

I break Dan & Clos fenugreek crunchies which I hand feed into small pieces so that they can't pinch each others.

They had a bit of a scrap at breakfast time this morning too - first time ever. I think they were just over excited. I usually take all the covers off first and undo the shutters etc, but I think I will get in the door first tomorrow and feed them first before doing the covers.

It's spring, and a full moon too - no wonder they're all bonkers :shock:

Maybe you are right Blackers! Beware of the bunnies.... its worse than us ladies having PMT!!!

Back