• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Which rabbit run is best -wooden or metal?

Which rabbit run is best?

• Wooden

Votes: 15 78.9%
  • Metal

Votes: 4 21.1%

• Total voters
I think a wooden frame is best as you can screw the panels together really securely. Needs a roof and floor too to keep it really secure.

I think a wooden frame is best as you can screw the panels together really securely. Needs a roof and floor too to keep it really secure.

What about rotting? How long do they last- it's been ages since i had a wooden one.

I think it depends what you are using it for :)

Metal - Great for letting bunnies have a graze, can be packed away easily. Good for letting housebunnies have some time ouside

Wooden - Mosre secure, can build one yourself. Bunnies can be left in them unsupervised (providing they ahve a lid) Can be attached to shed/hutch etc.

I did this poll once - the thread is (( Here )) if you want a nosey!

Basically; overall opinion was that wooden is better. It was the safety issues with the metal runs that concerned me as the bar spacing is wider. :)

They should last fine if you keep repainting the wood :) Maybe the floor panels would need replacing every few years if it's sitting in water throughout winter, but the rest should be fine.

:wave: I have one of each and can't decide so I haven't voted! I think my metal run is best on the lawn with where as the wooden run sits nicely on the patio :)

It depends what you want it for - if it's going to stay in one place then I would say wooden but if you want to move it around patches of lawn then go for metal

I have had my metal one for a year. It has been used by many foster buns and has a wee wooden shelter attached so the have somewhere warm, dry and enclosed to hide in. It is great being able to move it around easily to fresh grass patches, it is really high so they can have a good stretch and it came with tent pegs to secure it on the grass.

I have used clothes pegs to attach a waterproof blanket to the roof. It works well for sun or rain!:wave:

Back