• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rescue Name....Rescue or Sanctuary?

Ambience

Warren Veteran
Will i confuse with a name that is ."x ....Rescue"", when I'm not re homing at present? Should i use the name " x .....sanctuary? I will be re homing in the future though, as i expand.

Last edited:
For collection pots etc it's abit long.

I guess i could use the name as my trading name and just put the other on the pots.

I have already setup the company as "x ...rescue". So all my documentation is that too.

Will it be confusing for people or can i just promote that I'm a rescue that doesn't re home for now?

I would use rescue, it doesn't mean that you have to rehome, only that you take them in. A sanctuary to me implies that they won't be rehomed. Rescue is more generic.

I haven't got either in my title, The Rabbit Retreat, but we are a Rescue and a Sanctuary, however mainly a Sanctuary

Brill.. thanks for your help on this. I was abit worried i was going to have to come up with a new name all together or go through amending all the current literature etc. I think i'll keep it as " X rescue" as first decided.

Thanks alot xxx

yep agree with other..you can call yourself either, both or neither..as long as you describe what you do on your literature and/or website:D
" X " as a name is very unusual!!:lol:

Brill.. thanks for your help on this. I was abit worried i was going to have to come up with a new name all together or go through amending all the current literature etc. I think i'll keep it as " X rescue" as first decided.

Thanks alot xxx

Being as I am being ignored I'll remove my post

Last edited:
I don't use the term rescue either - not necessary as you can use a tag line or other text to describe what you do.

I find it a bit frustrating when rescues call themselves sanctuaries but rehome animals ( fine if the call themselves both).
I get tired of telling people we are a sanctuary and they then ask if we rehome the animals, and I think it is partly because people don't understand the term and because so many places call themselvesa sanctuary and also rehome.

I find it a bit frustrating when rescues call themselves sanctuaries but rehome animals ( fine if the call themselves both).
I get tired of telling people we are a sanctuary and they then ask if we rehome the animals, and I think it is partly because people don't understand the term and because so many places call themselvesa sanctuary and also rehome.

Yes as the dictionary definition a sanctuary wouldn't rehome and a rescue would that's why i'm worried about confusing people if i don't rehome initially and keep the name rescue.

yep agree with other..you can call yourself either, both or neither..as long as you describe what you do on your literature and/or website:D
" X " as a name is very unusual!!:lol:

lol yes I'm still sorting it out with the charities commission and don't want to make it public knowledge until i've done, so x will have to do for now hehe :)

If you intend to do rehoming eventually it might be easier to call yourself a rescue, or rescue and sanctuary.

If you intend to do rehoming eventually it might be easier to call yourself a rescue, or rescue and sanctuary.

Thanks- will perhaps put both on the website just to make things clearer. I had a look at your site- it's lovely by the way. Amazing how many animals you look after xx

Thanks- will perhaps put both on the website just to make things clearer. I had a look at your site- it's lovely by the way. Amazing how many animals you look after xx

Thanks, I'm glad you like it. I worry its a bit novicey and I'm really bad at putting photos on, but it lets people know what we do. We really need to get it properly sorted before our open day.:shock:

Thanks, I'm glad you like it. I worry its a bit novicey and I'm really bad at putting photos on, but it lets people know what we do. We really need to get it properly sorted before our open day.:shock:

I think it's great- alot more pro than many websites i've seen. When do you open officially. If i'm ever your way on will have to pop down and see the animals. Scotland i have been told is so pretty, but i've never been :) x

We are having our first open day on the 24th of July, and hopefully a dog show the month after.
I've spent a bit of time this evening working on flyers.

It would be great to see you, if you are in the area send a pm because I work part time so I can make sure I'm around for you.:wave:

I think it's great- alot more pro than many websites i've seen. When do you open officially. If i'm ever your way on will have to pop down and see the animals. Scotland i have been told is so pretty, but i've never been :) x

If you are planning a holiday make it before you are officially up and running, or you may never get a chance!:lol:

Back