• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

cheaper hutch covers

chance

Warren Scout
Think I have decided to buy a 6 foot hutch with 6 by 8 foot run, slightly shocked at hutch cover prices as ordered 3 hutches/combos !!!

Ideally would like a rain/wind protector one with fly netting if exists ? !!

Anyone know where you can get them without them being the cost of the hutch !!!!:D

Hi, I bought a cover for 20 quid which was rubbish. I then discovered the hutch man on ebay who can totally customise and makes to measure and to your requirements. His name is Alan and is totally brilliant. Having wasted money on a badly made generic that didn't fit wel, I wish I had gone straight to Alan. He can make the fronts interchangeable and has a net front option. Put made to measure hutch covers in ebay search and you will find him. Fits perfectly and does exactly what I want it to. Mine cost about £50 and worth every penny. Just remember...buy cheap, buy twice. Get it made...think about how you want it and then go and talk to Alan !

I usually make mine.
You can buy ground sheets for camping or those covers for outdoor furniture or motorbikes fairly cheap. I use that to go over the back of the hutch, then hardware stores or craft shops/haberdasheries (I love that word) usually sell clear plastic sheeting. I also got some stick on velcro to hold them together. I think my custom one was about £15 all together. It lasted all winter but is falling apart a bit now...

Hi pepper pot, yes that's the chap. He can make it how you want. With our without thermal layer, can do completely interchangeable fronts. I got one with clear front and night flap. I have a removable run on hutch and cover front doubles as a cover for run when it's attached. I think it's great value for a product that can be so customised.

Back