• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

UK rabbit hutches questions

Liz47

Wise Old Thumper
:wave: Has anyone bought any runs/hutches from them? Would you recommend them? I'm thinking of buying a run from them, are they strong and long lasting? Which one should I go for? And any info on why you like/dislike your run if you've got one would be greatly apprechiated thankyou very much :)

They are incredibly, incredibly cheap.. I've never bought anything from there myself. If you do buy one, please tell us if it's good quality - I might buy a 7 by 4 one if they are..

Looks like ply and untreated- not sure if they would be any good- i Have some from rabbit hutch shop, but even then i wish i'd have gone with ryedale.

Have just bought a run from there and got it built to my requirements. It seems good but haven't had the chance to put it together. When I do, will let you know :wave:

Thankyou everyone :) I think they are treated but not sure what wood they are made from, will have another look.

Looks like 1inch x 1inch mesh on the hutches which isn't very good. It would be better if it was 1/2 inch x 1 inch galvanised wire mesh. I wouldn't let that stop me though, I would just replace the mesh myself since a hutch doesn't use much. The hutches themselves look okay but there aren't many big photos are there?

I think that they look good for the money.

I would make sure I had a tarpaulin over them for any bad weather, would definately help them last for a good while.

Sorry should've said, I am after a run which the buns will be supervised in most of the time and won't be taken out in bad wheather or brought in if it starts to rain :wave:

Just let you know that I have put my run together and really pleased with it. It was simple to put together and seems well made and practical. The only thing I may change is put a few bolts on it for extra security but would definitely recommend them for runs :wave:

Back