• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bette Currants has gone

Sarah

Mama Doe
My beautiful little soul bunny Bette passed away during the night :( :(

Some members of RU may remember quite a large scale rescue of cats and bunnies from the Wirral just before Christmas 2004. I stood in a shed stacked high with hutches - I had only three carriers with me and was there to take one bun who needed vet treatment (this little bun went to Jay and John at Ebony Eyes and was named Wilbur) and two oldie buns. As I was about to leave I saw a little face peering down at me from a hutch near the ceiling.

This was Bette :love:

I remember kissing the top of her little head and promising I would come back for her:(

As soon as Boxing Day was over we drove over to the Wirral again and Bette came home - she was spayed and bonded with another bun from the same place - Stanley. They loved each other dearly - on Stanley's death Bette had two more husbuns Benjamin and Charlie. She survived two bad bouts of stasis and came indoors as a housebun in her later years with her last partner Merlin.

Everyone loved Bette :love: she adored people, would answer to her name and lived for food :lol: I had no little bunny dancing round my feet this morning.

I will never forget you Bette and will love you always. I hope you are reunited with all my spirit bunnies who have gone before you.

God bless little bunny xxxxxxx

DSC00280.jpg

So sorry for the loss of your beautiful Bette :(

Glad she had such a lovely life with you.
x

I am very sorry for your loss :cry:
Thank goodness you rescued Bette and then gave her a very happy life.

Binky Free Bette xx

I am so sorry Bette has gone to the bridge. She was gorgeous :love: It was lovely to read about her story, but very sad too. :cry::cry: She sounds like she had a wonderful life with you. So sorry.

Sleep tight Bette x

So sorry for your loss, Bette sounded such a lovely natured bunny and she was gorgeous :(

Run free forever at the Bridge gorgeous Bette xxx

I'm so sorry :(

I think I remember the rescue she was part of. I think I transported some buns to a rescue down in Nottingham as part of it.

Thank you for your replies - yes I remember some of the bunnies went down to Nottingham. After Bette we took a mum and five babies and two older boys - the babies were found homes but I had the adults neutered and kept them. She was the kindest little bunny and I just thank God I looked up and saw her.

I am so sorry, thank goodness you got her out of there and gave her a fabulous life, binky free Bette xx

Im so sorry for your loss :cry: Bette was a beautifull bunnie, im so glad you found each other, sending big hugs to you. Xx
Have fun at the bridge bette with all your hubbies. XXX

So sorry to hear this. You gave her a wonderful life, and I hope that brings you some comfort, at least... :cry:

What a stunning girl, and well done you for giving her such a fabby life xxx

Nite nite little miss Bette xxxx

so sorry for your loss. im a firm believer in fate and the fact you looked up and saw her meant that you both were meant to be in each other lives :)

Back