• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Twinkle back at the Vets again - Injections :( DONE IT!

fluffiebunnie

Warren Veteran
Twinkle has been doing ok, so I thought, the dribbling had stopped and she was getting on ok.

BUT today I noticed the dribbling is back so I took her back to the vets and I now have to give her penicillan injections :shock::shock::shock::shock:

She has lost a bit of weight too, so am worried about her. She is back inside now and I think she will remain inside for a long time which is not good being that me and the kids are allergic to bunnies and hay!!!! Twinkle and Sparkle are in my bedroom so hopefully the kids wont suffer too much.

I have to carry on with the metacam, zantac and maxalon morning and night and now do an injection every morning :(

Last edited:
What a nightmare! So sorry FB but hopefully these new antibiotics will do the trick. Get some antihistamines in for you and the kids. Hope Twinkle feels betters soon xx

I done it!!!! I have given my first ever injection today :D

Twinkle has stopped dribbling again since the new abx were given yesterday. I have set up a pen in my bedroom of about 10ft x 4ft.. not quite a playhouse and run, but it will have to do for now... not sure if Twinkle would be better off as a full time house bunny but I have to contend with cats, allergies and a non-litter-trained Twinkle :roll:

Twinkle has been doing ok, so I thought, the dribbling had stopped and she was getting on ok.

BUT today I noticed the dribbling is back so I took her back to the vets and I now have to give her penicillan injections :shock::shock::shock::shock:

She has lost a bit of weight too, so am worried about her. She is back inside now and I think she will remain inside for a long time which is not good being that me and the kids are allergic to bunnies and hay!!!! Twinkle and Sparkle are in my bedroom so hopefully the kids wont suffer too much.

I have to carry on with the metacam, zantac and maxalon morning and night and now do an injection every morning :(

my OH and his mum are allergic weve had to bring a bun indoors for meds its a hard time.

try talking soothingly to her while you do the jabs other than that im no help im petrified of needles:roll:

We have to do injections with Archie aswell as give him Metacam. he takes it like a good bunneh you can see him if you go onto Archie the junkie bunny by Alio71

Well done! They're nerve-racking aren't they! Just do as they showed you and you'll be fine :thumb: I found it far easier on a table, then I was at the right height in relation to Mischa.

Would it be worth you and the children taking an anti-histamine for a few days to pre-empt any reaction?

Well done! They're nerve-racking aren't they! Just do as they showed you and you'll be fine :thumb: I found it far easier on a table, then I was at the right height in relation to Mischa.

Would it be worth you and the children taking an anti-histamine for a few days to pre-empt any reaction?

We tend to take anithistamines fairly regularly because of the cats :roll: but I have a problem with antihistamines as they dry out my nose/sinus too much and cause severe pain!

Back