• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New lionhead breeder! Tips and tricks, please?

comafluff

New Kit
I've been delighted with permission to breed those adorable little lionheads. I know that it'll be a lot of work (as with any animal), but I would be overjoyed if I got some advice! Keep in mind I'm 15, and I'm living in Texas...A little worried about the heat on my poor little bunnies..

I've been delighted with permission to breed those adorable little lionheads. I know that it'll be a lot of work (as with any animal), but I would be overjoyed if I got some advice! Keep in mind I'm 15, and I'm living in Texas...A little worried about the heat on my poor little bunnies..

I don't think this is the correct forum for you as we do not give advice on breeding.

have you kept/do you keep rabbits before?

They are alot of hard work and I would hate for you to end up over your head because you have had no experience :wave:

Babsie is right this is a very rescue related forum so you wont find the breeding advice you want and need :wave:

Some things to think about though.

Do you know the buns family history? How far back?
Is there any health problems in the family?
Are the buns related at all (brother +sister, cousins, aunt/uncle ect)
What will you do with the babies if you cant sell them?
Are you going to have a waiting list before you breed them?
Do you know what to look for incase there is anything wrong with mother/babies?

:)

Last edited:
Also, what size hutch do they live in or are they free range? I agree with the last 2 posters. You won't find much good info about breeding on this forum.

Back