• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Advice about a friend for my Jessica please...

o-Chloe-o

Mama Doe
Hi Everyone,

My rabbit Jessica has been spayed this week, on Monday, and although she was very poorly for a couple of days she seems much better now and eating, pooping normally etc. Vet has checked her over too and all is well Im pleased to say! :D

I am considering getting a friend for her and would like some advice please!

She lives indoors at the moment and gets lots of attention from myself and my OH but I cant help but think she would llike another bunny to spend her days with...

What do I need to consider when introducing a friend? How big a cage would she and a friend require and as she is quite a large rabbit - should I consider another rabbit of a similar size? Also how long should I wait before getting a friend considering her recent spay?

We are not really sure how old she is as she came to me as a rescue from someone who only had her a month and weve no idea how long her previous owners had her and whether shed had any bunny companions before...

Vets have guessed at 1 year old...

Also she really doesnt like being picked up but absolutely loves having a head/cheek rub and could have them for hours if she were able - is there anyway we can get her more used to being picked up without stressing her out?

Be great to get some advice please!

Thanks Everyone! :love:

Back