• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Calling The Duchess...

Mine don't have the biggest attached runs but they all have access to either an 8x6x3 run on hardstanding or a 14x5x3 on grass and it's in the bigger one that we get the aerial acrobatics :lol::lol:

... I would love to see some photos of your runs, the size sounds amazing

:D

Hannah

... I would love to see some photos of your runs, the size sounds amazing

:D

Hannah

Hi Hannah

I haven't got many of the actual runs because it's not something that has ever crossed my mind to snap - I just take pics of the bunnies in them.

But I have a few of buns running around.

I'll take some of the runs tomorrow if the sun comes back out.:D

This is one of Isabelle out in the run earlier in the week charging around.

ASundayRunOut024.jpg

Doing a bit of standing up.

ASundayRunOut005.jpg

Florentyna and Valentine doing running around too.

2Jan2011GardenFun019.jpg

Bunny train

2Jan2011GardenFun020.jpg

This is Stanley exploring - he's only just arrived a few weeks back and was only used to a 4ft hutch with a 4ft run under so the space is quite daunting for him (or should I say was- he's been binkying like mad today)

GardenFun013.jpg

Chubby bum running up and down

GardenFun026.jpg

Last edited:
thanks for the photos, looks like the bunnies are really enjoying themselves in there!

Did you buy it or make it yourself? Does being that size make it too bulky to move? Sorry for all the questions, but I want to make something similar sized for my bunnies as I can't let them free range in the garden that I have :)

Hannah

We made a 10ft x 8ft by 2.5 ft run for our bunnies and it is wonderful to watch them tearing about ( well those bunnies that can anyway!) and no we definitely can't move that around :lol:

thanks for the photos, looks like the bunnies are really enjoying themselves in there!

Did you buy it or make it yourself? Does being that size make it too bulky to move? Sorry for all the questions, but I want to make something similar sized for my bunnies as I can't let them free range in the garden that I have :)

Hannah

Hi Hannah

The one on grass is way too heavy to move. We can just about manage it a foot at a time - the grass is looking very bare in it now as the weather hasn't helped - but destructo buns have been digging too. I didn't make this one (made all of the static ones on the accommodation); this one was donated by a lady who made it herself. It used to be attached to her rabbits' summer house, but when the last one passed away she stopped having buns and very kindly gave it to me. The timber is very heavy and the mesh is heavier gauge than I would normally use. It's great, but takes up an awful lot of room :)

RunsSpring2011006.jpg

The tops are on hinges so you can open it up completely

RunsSpring2011007.jpg

The one on hard standing folds up but as I have put all weather stuff in there that is very heavy (all ceramic chimney pots for tunnels) I don't move it at all. It's very tired now and will need replacing this year I think as the wood is starting to break up.

Byron (one of our buns for adoption) is ensuring he is in every shot here! LOL

RunsSpring2011001.jpg

I can't get far enough away from the run to get a full shot as it is on a patio at the back of our kitchen with accommodation round it.

RunsSpring2011002.jpg

RunsSpring2011005.jpg

WOW thanks for the pics, just shown them to by boyfriend and he say's it's too big and impractical :(

I do want to build another run for the lawn and I will still use this as a guide, I'm thinking I may try and think of a way to kind of make a modular one - out of panels, so it can be kind of "extended" as it were, as and when I have the time and resources etc.

I have only just finished the new run attachment for Floss's shed :roll: looks really smart though - even if I do say so myself :lol:

Hannah :)

p.s. I love the tunnels & chimney pots etc, they look like great fun!

Those are lovely pics, thanks for posting them :) Where did ou get all those chimneys from?!

I used to buy them up at car boots years ago (I used to be into salvage and reclamation - I had a gardening business about 12 years ago) and they used to be ornamental in our then very designed garden. That went for a burton when we had our first bunnies and sheds started arriving so they can't afford to be decorative any more, but have to be practical :D

A lot of chimney pots end up in reclamation yards but they are v expensive these days I would imagine.

Back