• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Worried about Noel :0( Eating his cecals&normal poos all the time

lja401

Warren Scout
Hi all,

I noticed a couple of hours ago that Noel has been eating his cecals a lot tonight and then dropping his normal poos out of his mouth and then eating them once he's dropped them. I have seen him do this about 8 times in the last 2 hours. He's still eating hay and is full of beans but I am worried about him. Any ideas?

Thank you,

x

I think that rabbits tend to produce more ceacs at night - so what you've noticed in this respect is probably normal.

As for eating normal poos, I'm not so sure. I know my rabbits will occassionally eat the odd one, but they're not 'supposed' to eat the normal poos.

How is Noel this morning?

Thank you for your reply. I have been up all night worrying about him because he had stasis back in January. He is still eating cecals this morning but I haven't seen him eating his normal poos. We have another rabbit Milly and she doesn't seem to eat her cecals as much as Noel. He does seem absolutely fine and he's eating hay although I can't see how much he has pooped because they kicked out all of their litter last night. x

I've just watched him for 30 mins and he's eaten 4 cecals....quite a lot in a short space of time isn't it?

I've just watched him for 30 mins and he's eaten 4 cecals....quite a lot in a short space of time isn't it?

No, not really :wave:

I've watched Biscuit & Ginger both eat several in a row before. They get that lovely 'chewy toffee face' when they eat them.

Ginger gets confused also, and takes in faecal poops as well as caecal ones, and ends up dropping half chewed up faecal poops all over my house. It's awesome and we get them squished into the carpet all the time :mrgreen: :D

Just to be on the safe side, has his diet changed at all in the time frame since you noticed this? Has his environment changed at all?

Back