• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ollie ruptured tear-duct - vibes appreciated U/D

jpp

Mama Doe
Poor Ollie lost his lovely gal Penny a couple of weeks ago :cry:; they'd already been apart for just over a week while Penny was so poorly and then the day after we lost her I noticed Ollie had a wet eye.

We have a lovely vet who checked him over and didn't think his teeth were the problem, so we started with anti-biotics and drops, then a tear-duct flush with Ollie awake (brave vet) and then today he had a g.a. to have xrays and a dye test which shows that at some point in the past something had caused the duct to rupture. Penny had probably been grooming him and keeping the problem under control.

He can live with this, but he'll need his eyes bathing every day and he hates being handled, so this will be hard for all parties :(

So poor Ollie's had a horrible couple of weeks. He's still a bit woozy tonight, even letting us stroke him :shock:

He's been drinking and, as I type, I can hear him munching some pellets. Phew!

The vets advice, now that we've done all we can, is a new pal asap.

Recovery vibes appreciated.

Thanks

Last edited:
loads of vibes for your bun- one of my buns sunny has this and he was very sullen for a few weeks. It will be fine in no time xxx loads of snuggles for Ollie from me xx

Oh little Ollie! Poor thing :( looks like Penny probably had the issue under control with his eye, I hope he's ok and im so sorry that you lost penny too, it must be so hard. I hope Ollie is ok?

Kept in the the house overnight with his snuggle and litter tray etc. that he usually has in the hutch.

Scared the hell out of me this morning, he was lying with his head stretched in front and eyes open and staring :shock:. I spoke and he didn't move. I'd thought he'd gone.... then I knelt down and he shot across the room. He must have been in a deep sleep and I'd startled him....we both had pounding hearts.

He was quite good having his eye cleaned. Its the catching him that's the hard part :lol:

Plentying of drinking and wetting, but not much food so far..... we may need eating and pooping vibes.

lots of eating and pooping vibes for your boy.
Just to say my Kane also has a damaged tea duct which does cause him to sneeze a bit (mostly when he has his face stuffed into his readigrass :roll:) but actually it causes him very little problems so hopefully as you've got no teethy problems, you might find it settles down.
A new wifey bun is always going to help him feel better though, good luck with the search and hope he feels better soon.

Poor Ollie :(
Heather has a ruptured tearduct but thankfully Barty keeps it very clean most of the time. I think Heather just ignores it most of the time, it doesn't seem to bother her much :wave:

Thank you so much for those responses JLG and Heather&Bart-MyLittleBuns.

Got to admit I've felt a bit tearful this morning and worried for him. Your replies have made me feel so much more positive about the future :)

:wave:

Back