• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do rabbits *dream* ?

i think every animal dreams :) maybe not how we perseive it but the brain still functions during sleep, sorts through matter etc so yeah, i think she is dreaming :)

i think every animal dreams :) maybe not how we perseive it but the brain still functions during sleep, sorts through matter etc so yeah, i think she is dreaming :)

Probably of super binkies, scrummy hay and fenugreek crunchies.....naw :love:

Notice how she woke up at the end? Lol.

Probably of super binkies, scrummy hay and fenugreek crunchies.....naw :love:

Notice how she woke up at the end? Lol.

what else is there to dream about? ;)

it always freaks me out when my animals dream, bentley my cavi sleeps on the bed and has given me a fright when he has started to growl in my ear!!! :roll: :lol:

what else is there to dream about? ;)

it always freaks me out when my animals dream, bentley my cavi sleeps on the bed and has given me a fright when he has started to growl in my ear!!! :roll: :lol:

My dog does cute little woofs! Wish she would use that little woof when the postie visits! :lol:

Cats and dogs definitely do so I don't see why rabbits shouldn't. :)

I remember learning about a study showing that pets tend to dream of their owners :love:

They don't really sleep deeply being prey animals, I should say. But REM is evidenced by their twitching I think. Yep, I watch them having what look like dreams of running while their legs twitch and kick...adorable! :love:

I have seen my Rabbit Narla do this and I have also seen it in guinea pigs and chinchillas.

It seems to me that it gets more pronounced in older animals. Narla did it when I took her to my parents at Chrismas. She just lay down by her food bowl and had a nap and we all thought that she might be poorly but she was absolutely fine.

Yes,both mine do this.In fact all my buns have done this.I took Holly,years ago,to the vet as I thought she was having an epileptic fit!:lol:

Back