• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do you train your rabbit?

whiskers

Warren Scout
How long do you train/play with your rabbit and what do you do? I train Nyxie every day for about 15 minutes and she catches on quickly, but she sometimes tries to cheat and snatch the greens out of my hand. :lol:
She often binkies and shakes her head in happiness after a training session. I think it's an important part of keeping them happy and bonding with your bun. Nyxie loves the mental stimulation. (Aiden has been sick but I plan to start training him too as he is feeling much better.)

Her most recent trick is really cool. I give the verbal cue "Perform" and she plays a note on her baby keyboard! (Don't worry it's like a xylophone thing, non-electric.) It doesn't work every time yet; I think I have to devote more training time.

In fact I read on Yahoo Answers that to really train them, you need to devote "at least 30 minutes, and preferably an hour or two" to training every day! That's a lot of time for two buns, but what about for those of y'all who have three or more? That's a lot of time unless you could train them together somehow.

Here's the Yahoo Answers site: http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080830103618AA3UwLW

I found it really helpful and interesting!

Charlie's a bit thick to be trained (honestly, he actually is :lol: ) but I'm thinking of making some jumps for Milly to play with. She's really active so I reckon she'd enjoy diving over it on her own

My sister has trained her rabbit Dexter to spin and stand up for treats. My buns are too obsessed with food they can't focus on doing anything for it apart from bully me to get it.

Back