• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Canford Bunnies

Tiabrac

Alpha Buck
No reprieve just had this email :cry:

Dear all
I have received a copy of a letter sent to Annette Brooke from the Chief Exec of the Highways Agency basically stating that the rabbits will be killed and there is no chance of reprieve.
Obviously, this is quite upsetting after our efforts. Unfortunately, my young dog died in an accident a couple of weeks ago, so I do not really feel like fighting anymore. If anyone wants to keep trying or has ideas to follow up, please do so. Keep me informed, as I will try and help, but at the moment I can't focus I am afraid.
Thanks for all your support
Lynnette

I was wondering just the other day what was happening with this :cry::cry: so very sad, I don't know what else could be done? I thought someone had offered land for them to live on?

Ive just had a look on google and only a petition of 52 signatures of handed in. Has Animal Aid/RSPCA, or any large organisation been involved.

What date is proposed for them to move in an "kill"?

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Save-The-Canford-Bottom-Roundabout-Bunnies/122433584485507

The facebook page has some of the history information but I don't think they will make public when they are going to destroy them because they won't want the publicity. THB I don't think that people have any sympathy for the the buns so the agency are likely to get their own way. No one has come forward with any land for the release we have plenty of heathland around though. I know it has been said that it is not a good idea to release them because of the impact on that area. Killing them seems to me to be a cop out and hardly in the rabbits best interest. Who are we to play God and decide which animals should live or die!

Back