• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Can I make a 2nd level in dog crate?

I think you should be able to. If it has horizontal bars then you can secure the panels to them using some cable ties? :)

You could make like a hidey hole if you wanted.

So even if you didnt make a whole level, you could make a platform say, even if only in one corner, and cover one side, so its dark in there, but they could jump up on it :wave:

ETA: Cable Ties ++

I think if you got hold of some wood battens the thickness of the gaps in the crate bars and some lino or carpet to cover it then yeah, easy.

You could make like a hidey hole if you wanted.

So even if you didnt make a whole level, you could make a platform say, even if only in one corner, and cover one side, so its dark in there, but they could jump up on it :wave:

ETA: Cable Ties ++

I meant a platform really, not a whole level. Would cable ties alone be secure enough?

I meant a platform really, not a whole level. Would cable ties alone be secure enough?

If you used loads of them all along the edges it should be ok. You could put another panel upright underneath to help support as well, I did this and it created a hidey hole underneath as well, as long as it doesn't take up a lot of floor space though. Failing that, then maybe try the other suggestions using wood supports or a hidey hole box which they could hop onto.

perhaps, depends how heavy they are. To make sure, go and get a length of CFS from B&Q for ~£3 and cut it to just a bit longer than the crate, cut some tracks in it and sit it across the crate and rest the NIC cubes on it :D

perhaps, depends how heavy they are. To make sure, go and get a length of CFS from B&Q for ~£3 and cut it to just a bit longer than the crate, cut some tracks in it and sit it across the crate and rest the NIC cubes on it :D

*feels thick*

I don't understand :?

What's CFS Gray :p CFS to me is Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and I can't think of any other why to do those letters :lol::oops:

Me personally I think I'd just do an angled section with two panels and connect it to the crate with ties. Or, depending on how well the panels fit in the crate do a T section. OR connect them together and put two wood battens underneath with screws in the bottom at each end to stop it slipping and then put the panels resting on top with cardboard, carpet or lino over to stop feet getting caught. But that would depend on how wide the panels are and how wide the crate is.

I tell you what I'll try drawing it :oops:

What's CFS Gray :p CFS to me is Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and I can't think of any other why to do those letters :lol::oops:

Me personally I think I'd just do an angled section with two panels and connect it to the crate with ties. Or, depending on how well the panels fit in the crate do a T section. OR connect them together and put two wood battens underneath with screws in the bottom at each end to stop it slipping and then put the panels resting on top with cardboard, carpet or lino over to stop feet getting caught. But that would depend on how wide the panels are and how wide the crate is.

I tell you what I'll try drawing it :oops:

Its cheap wooden battons :p ;) Its just cheap wood. I'll go take a picture of my crate...

Ah, I see!

This is a very VERY quick sketch of the first thing I said. Please excuse it, I'm still getting used to this sketching app!

Blue is crate, silver is panels...

Image001-vi.jpg

ETA. and another very quick one of the second thing I said!

Image002-vi.jpg

Last edited:
Back