• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

suggestions on hutch/run combos

chance

Warren Scout
hi everyone, please could anyone recommend a hutch with under run ? had a long look on line but would like to buy one that has proved to be a succcess for both for bunnies and me !!!!! ( easy to clean and access ) Lots of space for two bunnies !!!

Hi and welcome.

I dont have a combo myself, yet, but have been looking at the Natura luxury and Deluxe on Zooplus. Does anyone have this one?

A lof of them i have looked at seem too small for 2 bunnies.

The happy hutch 6ft sykes combo is quite popular on here. I'm thinking of getting one soon to replace one of my old setups.

Thanks Ill have a look now ! Up until now all my bunnies have been in an old garage/workshop, a few of them have really suffered with snuffley noses this winter and Im considering moving them outside. There is are avariy panals at one end with open windows so have plenty of fresh air ?

I recently got rid of my Trixie Natura Delux hutch which was very large. Only got rid because I have just converted my shed.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Trixie-Natura-Giant-Rabbit-Hutch/dp/B001FVO4EQ

Think the whole thing including the run was 6ft long and 2ft wide. The sleeping area was only 2ft x 2ft and I got rid only because I hated locking my two up in there at night in that tiny space. If you were confident about letting them into the run bit at night there would probably lots of room.

Not sure if I have helped!

I've got the sykes hutch and run (this photo was taken just after it had been put together and the ramp wasn't attatched yet)
therabbithutch001.jpg

I've got 2 medium sized rabbits and although they've only been in it today they seem to like it and there's lots of space for them :)

How does the ramp close up on the syke one is it easy to do ? the combo i have at the mo I have to crawl in and squeeze into a tiny gap !!! :)

Did You get a cover for it ? sorry for all these questions I normally house mine in a garage so worried about them getting wet !!!

Hi,

I have three rules when thinking of houses for rabbits.

1. it must be big enough for them to get about and exercise
2. Access to all areas for cleaning must be simple. We all know what a pain it can be trying to reach those corners that are just out of reach.
3. It must be sucure enough to prevent Mr Fox from finding out how to get in. Living in the ouitskirts of london we have dozens of urban foxes so its door bolts and fort knox security.

Bigger the better

P

sorry,

I would think a hutch 6x2x2 with a 6x6 under run would be OK. Plus of course a run round the garden as often as possible.

P

Back