• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

'Chinning'

Hello,
Percy's favourite thing to do is 'chin' things. Meaning he rubs his chin on every object that he see's a number of times. I know this is a way of 'marking his territory' but just wanted to check it was normal. He is currently getting all of his jabs so cannot be neutered yet but I will be getting this done as soon as I can.

Thanks,
Percy's Mum

Sounds normal to me too.
My boy does it all the time and on new things especially, or if I move stuff around, (say furniture) he'll investivgate and even though he may have marked it five minutes ago he'll chin it again...
He also likes to chin me repetitvely and thinks it's the single most greatest thing in the world when I lie down next to him for him to do it too :lol:

Totally 100% normal.

Both mine, more so Ginger do this every day, at least a gazillion times :lol:

Obie does this, more than Pie.
He does it over and over. :roll: I just thought he was abit 'slow' and kept forgetting! :lol:

It's absolutely normal as already said. :thumb:

Also, it may well carry on after neutering - Alfie and Bubbles still constantly chin things - so don't be surprised or concerned if he continues to do it. ;)

Jacob is always doing it.

We (oh and me ) say to each other as he goes around the room chinin things, "that's mine, and that. You like that book? well it's mine now"

I think it's his way of feeling safe.

If Pickles isn't hungry enough to eat straight away, he chins his food! :love: The funny thing is he's an only rabbit now, and even if he wasn't, I can't imagine chinning it would stop another bun from pinching it. :lol:

Last edited:
Thank you all for your replies, it is good to know that it is not just Percy that is the master of chinning. He is so cute when he does it, he wants everything to be his - a number of times!!! It is his most favourite thing to do in the world!! He also chins his cabbage if he is not quite ready for it 'yes that is mine and i will have it later'!!

Thank you all for your replies, it is good to know that it is not just Percy that is the master of chinning. He is so cute when he does it, he wants everything to be his - a number of times!!! It is his most favourite thing to do in the world!! He also chins his cabbage if he is not quite ready for it 'yes that is mine and i will have it later'!!

:love: He sounds gorgeous!! Bless him!

I have two buns, sadly divorced after a big fall out, and Timmy chins Olive's run and hutch and anywhere she has been when he comes out to play in the garden. He does the same places several times just to be sure and even does the most awkward spots getting his head at some very peculiar angles. He's so funny.:lol:

Back