• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

i think its not stasis..now its bloat/UD hes admitted

purplebumble

Warren Veteran
:( poor merlin...had a flare up of the necrotic fatty tissue mass....some very small poops along with the big ones.....so i took him to the vet tuesday....he was eating like a horse though. saski said hes got a tiny spur on his right hand molar now...it was his left before. Keep an eye on him next few days....bring him in if he gets worse.

well he went from piggy bunny with heaps of poops....to one in evening who refused food.....hay...etc.......took him to the vet who gave him injections on top of the oral stuff hed had.....try him at home she said......intensive nursing at home may help.....less stressful for them.

well its 5.50am now..........the feed i gave him at 4.30am along with infacol...was again a spit most of it out session.
Hes sat in his litter tray...very quiet.......and hes got a swollen tummy with no gi sounds.

he was washing the feed off a bit by himself......

i think id like to have him admitted asap.....but im going to give the next feed before i do..in case the infacols worked.

btw hes had metaclop and metacam orally...the vet gave him vetergesic and metaclop injected......once i got home she said to wait a while then give him zantac syrup and fibreplex.

do i rush him to the vets who wouldnt be able to nurse him any more than i am.....or wait till after the 6.30am feed and infacol...

what a dilemma..........poor merlin....vibes please...as many as you can spare.
thank you.

Last edited:
Poor Merlin :cry:

I really would NOT give any more syringe feeds if he is now bloated. I'd get him straight back to the Vet.*If* he has an obstructed bloat then syringe feeds will make things worse.

Sending vibes xx

by the 6.30am feed his tumy had gone down a lot....and this feed was more runny...and he did take some.....

but at the 8.30am feed...he was very bloated indeed......so i rang the vets who told me to bring him in.

so the vet i saw last night saw merlin again. She said theres still normal poos palpable...and cecals.....but only the odd tiny crackle from his guts:(
she said hes much worse than last night...its all compacting in his gi tract....

she said his meds via oral route are not effective at this stage...so injections 3 times a day and syringe feeds.....heating pad.....

i told them one of the nurses last time wanted to take him home..she even spent her break with him. turns out shes on today...and was making him comfy ..so i know he will get the best medical attention...and the best cuddles.

but the vet is very worried about him..especially after the last time:(

he needs the dental...but she said not in his state..ever.
phew.....

hes spent every hour sleeping alongside freya in her doggy crate...hes even flopped and shown her his tummy before falling asleep against her...kissing her nose...and shes been stroking him through the bars. the vet thinks dylan being high post neuter started it......then freya calling and hissing and growling at dylan...then freya being speyed and in a doggy crate out in his end of the lounge..and his spur on his tooth...has all combined.

Hes in serious stasis...not quite bloat:(

please send vibes for my funny little man.

samsungmobile167.jpg

017-2.jpg

Really sorry to hear this....Vibes being sent!!
Hope you get some good news shortly.xxxxxxxxxxx

thank you all for the get well vibes.

last night..that is friday night...he was passing poops...eating greens in afternoon...but no hay or food:(
Hes having syringe feeds to keep him going....and all his meds are via injection.

bertie had a massive fit cluster ea;ry hrs saturday morning..i had to collect valium rectal tubes for him..and freya had to have her 3 day wound check post spey....and i was terrified merlin had got worse when i saw the vets face:shock::(

she said hes done loads of poos smaller than usual but loads..but he did just before he hit rock bottom last time. she said hes very bright...and eating greens again......she said in theory i could take him home but then all the meds and feeds etc would be oral.....and shes not happy he wont go donwhill again..did i mind if she kept him in one more night to be sure.

gods i nearly danced.....i got fed up with my buns at other practices being kicked out as soon as they had pooed a few poos:censored:
got them home.....meds orally..syringe feeds and theyd end up back at the vets:(

how refreshing for a vet to know buns usually fare better at home....and i did try...but he got worse and she admitted him and has been great....
Not trying to make extra cash...just she thinks the injectable meds are working better and less stressful than oral route. Also hes easy to syringe feed....like bertie is........so why do i end up with feed more on me and the furniture at home?:oops:

she said if he stays upbeat over the weekend.....we may have stopped it getting worse...fingers crossed......

yes the tooth spurs a problem for him..or it may have been the pain in the necrotic tissue..or both.....combined with stress induced stasis. least no xrays needed this time..or ultrasound....him losing 10% of his body weight has lessened the lumps of necrotic tissue along the thick ropes of it.

I am still terrified....he was so so ill......and if i hadnt have taken him when i did......:cry: But she tried to cheer me up by saying if he progresses like he is...maybe he can come home if nothing else transpires.
we need to address the spur problem tho:?

keep sending those vibes...he needs em still.

no wonder i crashed at 3pm and was practically uconcious till after 6pm:oops:

i miss that shaggy haired loverbun..hes anyones for an hour long nose rub....and doesnt like being picked up as all buns..but does like to cuddle up to your body and be hugged or kissed and will sleep there for ages esp if its cold:love: come on merlin:love:

Back