• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Excel Nuggets and runny bum?

allie1904

Mama Doe
Going to do an order from the hay experts and was looking at excel nuggets.
They are cheaper than the P@H nuggets which they are currently on and I would like to stop shopping at P@H if possible.

Are excel suitable for a bun who is prone to a runny bum unless his diet his finely tweaked? :roll:

I would make the change gradually as I still have half a bag of P@H left.

xxx

i wouldnt
i would highly recommend allen & page if you can they are by far one of the best, and only cost around £9 for a 20KG sack

Excel is the pellet known to cause mucky bums so I wouldn't risk it

I'd recommend science selective or allen & page if you want to change, but definatly not Excel.

You'll want Allen & Page natural rabbit pellets

If you don't want to buy a big bag for the 2 buns then Bunny Bazaar sells smaller bags x

I would recommend science selective, I haven't tried the Allen and Page. Peanut used to be on Excel until recently, her poos used to be quite small and she'd sometimes have extra ceacotrophs, since swapping to SS her poos are lovely and big and crumbly.

Just been reading about the allen and page and 'apparently' it's not so good if you need to bulk up your bunny, which I do.

*goes off to look at science selctive*

Just been reading about the allen and page and 'apparently' it's not so good if you need to bulk up your bunny, which I do.

*goes off to look at science selctive*

For bulk you could use Allen & Page Breeder & Grower

But SS is great, you can't go wrong with it

:wave: I changed from Excel to SS because one of my girls had a mucky bum on Excel. I can highly recommend SS :)

I'm going to buck the trend here, but all four of mine are on Excel and I've never had a mucky bum or any excess caecs.

Mine are extremely good hay eaters though, so that might be the reason. I also find it difficult to keep weight on two of them on anything else - Maisey lost 200g in two weeks on SS, she's only a little bun. :(

Just wanted to give some balance, all foods have pluses and minuses.

Back