• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

*For Kris* Hamster photos - Snickers and Oscar

KarenM

Administrator
Staff member
Snickers was adopted from Kris (Starlight) who still has her sister Fairy. She sadly has Cushing's, hence the balding but is still very happy in herself. She also has very dry, itchy skin so we've been putting some olive oil on but it's ended up over her fur as well, giving her a greasy look. :oops:

She is the sweetest thing and has a wonderful temperament; she hasn't even tried to bite once and just puts up with her 'beauty treatments'.

DSCF0898.jpg

DSCF0891.jpg

DSCF0876.jpg

This is her looking slightly less bald and greasy:
DSCF0922.jpg

DSCF1062.jpg

Oscar, the gorgeous little chubby lump. :love::love:

DSCF0908.jpg

DSCF1139.jpg

Last edited:
Oh my goodness, how very sweet they are.:love::love::love: Oscar looks like a little ball, he is so round. I like Snickers' ice cream hut. :)

Yes, Oscar's very round. :oops: He's like a ping pong ball with eyes. We weighed him yesterday and he was 67 grams. :love:

I forgot to say too that Snickers seems to have lost even more fur overnight and is much balder today than in those photos. :(

Oh dear, poor little Snickers. I hope she doesn't get cold. I giggled at your comparison of Oscar to a ping-pong ball. Is he a Chinese hamster?

Aww poor Snickers, she still looks bright though bless her :love: Oscar is cute too, he's so diddy!

Aww bless her, she is showing her age! :love:

I took a few pics of Fairy yesterday as I am paranoid her fur is thinning. :oops:

Do you mind if I upload the pics for you to see?

I took a few pics of Fairy yesterday as I am paranoid her fur is thinning. :oops:

Do you mind if I upload the pics for you to see?

I'd love to see. :love: Fur thinning can be just age related too so try not to worry too much though. ;)

Thanks Vicky, Snickers is very spoilt (as is Oscar). :oops:

Fairy. :love::love:

She doesn't look too bad, Kris. :thumb: The hair loss seems to be spread over her back, so more likely to be age-related I'd guess. Mites is also a possibility of course.

Just going by the limited info available on the net..... with Cushings, the hair loss usually starts around the back end (including the underneath near the genitals) and then works its way up the body, which is exactly how it affected Snickers.

Fairy. :love::love:

She doesn't look too bad, Kris. :thumb: The hair loss seems to be spread over her back, so more likely to be age-related I'd guess. Mites is also a possibility of course.

Just going by the limited info available on the net..... with Cushings, the hair loss usually starts around the back end (including the underneath near the genitals) and then works its way up the body, which is exactly how it affected Snickers.

I'm too paranoid for my own good :oops:

No sign of dandruff, so wouldn't suspect mites.

Back