• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Does anyone else's vets do this?

Liz47

Wise Old Thumper
Got a letter today to say that Beano is due a vaccination on the 4th April and although I keep track of when they need to go I thought it was really good that they remind peopel :D :thumb: It also told me about the importance of vaccinating, which I already knew but it's great for anyone that didn't and about all the facilities they have for dentils etc and about a vaccination and health plan/records they have for Beano, I thought it was great :D

My vets send out reminders too.

I remember when i done my work experience there and i had to put them all in the envelopes and get them stamped etc & post them! :lol:

Normal procedure for our vets - thank goodness because I'm sure that loads of people would forget if not - they come around so quickly.

I get text messages for our vaccinations, can you imagine how many times my mobile goes off! I get all excited thinking I might actually have a friend but its just the vet :lol::lol:

They've never done it before and I was impressed by all the information they gave me and Beano's vaccination and health plan and reccord :D

:wave: My vet sends out reminders too. My dogs & cats annual boosters are due at the same time as the buns VHD.... July/August is a busy time for boosters here :roll:

My vets send out reminders too.

I remember when i done my work experience there and i had to put them all in the envelopes and get them stamped etc & post them! :lol:

I have done lots of that too :lol: Not one of my favouritest jobs.

I think most vets send out reminders. It's good for everyone really because the pets keep up to date with their vaccs and the vets make their money.

mine do - sometimes a bit hit and miss though! i've just had the reminder for eric's vhd but he's not booked in for his myxo til the end of the month!

It's great that they do that (and mine do too) but it's just sad that the people who buy rabbits and never register them at the vet never get told or reminded :(

mine do - sometimes a bit hit and miss though! i've just had the reminder for eric's vhd but he's not booked in for his myxo til the end of the month!

Our computer system is bad because it only allows one vaccine date per animal. With rabbits the assumption is that one rabbit vaccine is two weeks after the other and is booked at the end of the first vaccine. It's the same with kennel cough in dogs, we can't send out reminders for those either.

yes i get them for my doggie and my sister gets reminders for her bunnies even though she always knows when they are due anyway, but it is good for anyone who may forget :wave:

cas

Back