• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Poppys lump near eye poss Root tooth Abcess

beccimarie

Mama Doe
I decided to make a thread for poppy as thumps_ advised:

As some of you may know, my older bun casper is terminally ill with lots of problems one of these includes abcess's.

Poppy is a healthy 4 year old and never had any issues, eats lots and lots of hay ,always loved her hay, yet she formed a lump on her upper jaw in-line with the eye. First my vet checked her tear ducts and they were fine, she tried to look in her mouth but poppy isnt the best patient :oops: and launched herself at my vet. But she thinks it may be a root tooth abcess but without putting her under GA she cant see. So she said while she is happy, we will see how she gets on. But i went home and thought about it and thought if we dont do anything and it is a abcess its only going to get worse :( i think it got a little bigger as well and she scratches it now and again. so my vet called me today and i said i was worried so she is goiing in tomo at 8:30 for another examine and then booking in for dental. Id love to know peoples experiance with this, and support, i did write a thread like this but in "rabbit chat" :oops: so i thought it would be better in "health"

xx

Back