• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lady Lydia :-(

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
It's that time of year again, the Spring/Summer when poor Lyd's hocks are awful :cry: I am really worried as this year she is refusing point blank to keep any dressings on. I am not prepared to keep her in a Buster Collar for 5-6 months to stop he chewing the dressings off. So this year time will tell if we can get through to Winter Coat regrowth without her hocks breaking down. At the moment she is on Metacam and I am applying Savlon Advanced Healing Gel to her hocks.

002-30.jpg

If infection sets in we are in BIG trouble..............

:cry: :cry:

Oh dear that looks so sore :cry: Why does it get bad this time of year? :oops: Is it cos she moults and spring/summer coat is thinner? Poor love, I hope it can be kept under control.
Sending lots of vibes x

Oh dear, poor Lady Lydia. :( It seems very early in the year, but I expect it is warmer where you are. We are still having regular overnight frosts.

Ooooooch!:cry:

Poor Lady Lydia!

Well, at least she's with you Jane, you'll be able to keep her comfortable.

xxx

Sending vibes for lovely Lady L.

Jane you've probably tried it already, but have you put manuka honey on her feet? It healed Toadstool's abcess so fast, and an area that looked much redder than Lydia's turned pale pink literally overnight. I smothered the area in it and it really did help.

I have a big jar left over so could send you some in a plastic container if you wanted to try it and don't have any on hand... :wave:

Oh poor Lydia, that does look sore :( What can be done for it apart from trying to prevent it getting worse? I know Pea has a small patch mainly on one foot, I'm just hoping that it doesn't get worse with the moulting. Hope she is ok?:love:

Aw no poor Lydia. :(

Must be awful for her and for you Jane. Sending tons of vibes that they will heal and not get infected....

Poor Lady Lydia, sore hocks are a nightmare :( vibes for her poorly feetsies, hope they don't get any worse xx

:( poor lady lydia. bella had this once but it cleared up with fucidin cream and hasnt been back since (touch wood) what causes it so badly??
huge vibes for furry feets and healing xx

Back