• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit diet dilemma.....

benkat

Warren Scout
:wave: When I went out to feed the girls this morning there was a pile of squishy poo in the litter corner. It wasn't quite diarrhea, but it certainly was verging on it.
Both girls are acting as normal & nomming away as normal too. I am guessing it was Sophie as she has a sensitive tummy & has to have her bottom clipped by the vet on a regular basis as she's not very good at cleaning herself :roll:

Currently, the girls have dried herbs & an eggcup of SS pellets a.m, then their veg/fresh herbs p.m They have hay at all times.

Because of Sophie's tummy/bottom troubles the only variety they tend to get is different herbs - I swap between basil, mint, dill, coriander, thyme & flat leaf parsley as up till now they have all agreed with her tummy.
Carrot is only a treat as it doesn't agree with her - neither does apple or Kale.
Aside from herbs their usual veg is spring greens, celery, cucumber with broccoli a couple of times a week.

They have both had some fresh grass this week, but only a small handful between them as I know it's quite rich at this time of year.

My question is should I eliminate 'usual' veg/herbs one by one to see if it makes a difference OR should I cut out the pellets altogether? (They were drastically reduced last year due to her tummy) OR could there have been some sort of bug on one of the herbs causing this? As I said, it was only 1 pile of yucky poo & they both seem fine in themselves.....

Is it possible that the list of things her tummy doesn't like is getting longer??

I'm in a bit of a quandry..... Please advise me....:?

I find spring greens make my buns run a rich tummy.....I dont give broccoli or cauliflower as Im scared of gas....:oops:
Herbs are a Godsend, no probs there.
Perhaps elimination is the answer.xxx

:wave: Just looked at your thread.. The poo's look the same as my girl's did this morning. Thanks for the link :D
As mine don't get any 'treats' & only get a few pellets I've cut out the spring greens tonight to see if I can eliminate the cause of the problem...
My only problem is that there have been no 'funny' poos since this morning (not that I want there to be) so I have no idea what the cause could be... :?
If there are poo's funny again tomorrow I will go down the list & eliminate foods one by one...... However lots of poo's have been done since this morning - all normal, so I'm hoping things will be ok....

After that one, her poos were ok too, very odd? Still not sure what it was but she's ok now though. Hope yours was just a one off too. :)

:wave: Just to report that all poo's are ok this morning too, so hoping it was only a one off... Very strange :?

Back