• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

it's done, he's gone

Nicola1

Wise Old Thumper
I dropped Eddie off and will get his ashes back in a few days.

The guy in the crematorium really annoyed me, he was just trying to be kind but he was trying to diagnose what happened 'oh did you change his food it could have been diarrhoea' and 'it could have been a fox'. He told me rabbits live about 6 years :roll: I didn't correct him though I couldn't be bothered and poor man was only trying to be nice to me.

I don't know how I feel really, part of me is almost relieved that all the 'practicalities' are sorted now.

lots of hugs for you

be prepared for it to get worse when you have to go and collect him.

I have 2 dogs under my bed now - had all sorts of plans for where their ashes would be scattered, and when it came to it, I couldn't do it

i am so sorry for your loss. it will take time but i hope soon you can start to feel better and remember Eddie with smiles instead of sadness.

JLG- i know what you mean. i got my dogs ashes back last year and couldn't stand the thought of scattering him and leaving him alone somewhere!
i bought a memory bear from the nearby funeral home.
its a beautiful teddy with a zip and a space in the back for ashes of keepsakes. i had to hollow out a little more room in its tummy as my Tyke was a big lad.. but he is in my bedroom and i feel he is still near.
i get a lot of comfort from that. :)

Oh Nicola:cry:
Youve done the right thing.. and although you will be very upset when you collect him.. you will also feel some sort of comfort.. that you have him home again.. I did:(

Oh Nicola:cry:
Youve done the right thing.. and although you will be very upset when you collect him.. you will also feel some sort of comfort.. that you have him home again.. I did:(

Having recently suffered the loss of my bunny, Ambrose, I totally agree with the above.

Ambrose is home now and there are other departed bunnies to look after him.

Take care and we are so sorry for your loss. x

So sorry to hear of you loss and that the guy was not what you needed.....When we lost Snowy last year we brought her home and buried her here but it was so very hard,particularly for my daughter who was distraught.....

Just remember that they are binkying at the bridge......

Back