• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The best bunny tunnels?

Fairy13

Wise Old Thumper
What do you all use?
I have got my lot so many of the kinda ripstop fabric ones from P@H but they just nibble the ends and then the coiled wire comes pinging out and makes them unsafe and unusable.
There are those green plastic concertina like ones arent there? Are they still usable even if bunny has a nibble?
Are there any others I dont know about?
My lot just destroy them soo quick it seems a waste of money and yet they love zooming through them :love:

I've been wondering this too, as I now have a whole room to fill with bunny stuff! I was looking at a three-way tunnel on eBay but that was fabric too :( think there's a gap in the Market for decent tunnels! :?

I got a 3 way tunnel for mine and they love it. But it cost £13 and takes up a lot of room.
Cheapest option is to go to your local builders supplier and buy the flexible pipe from there

i have the green plastic concertina ones with a 3 way centre piece to link them together.

if mine chew them i just cut off any sharp looking bits from the end!
had mine for years and they are in the run all weathers. :)

I got a 3 way tunnel for mine and they love it. But it cost £13 and takes up a lot of room.
Cheapest option is to go to your local builders supplier and buy the flexible pipe from there

You are probably right there. I've checked wickes and they dont sell anything big enough. Does it have a proper name that big tubing they use (so I dont sound quite such a moron if i call some numbers from yellow pages!)

Has anyone purchased the snugglesafe warren centre cube recently? A couple of sites I've been on don't seem to have it in stock.

:wave:

The best tunnels are from plumbing/building places and are called twinwall pipe.

A google search brings up loads in different sizes from about 160mm diameter upwards. I guess that something around 300mm would be best

I'd love some, but it's a bit pricey :(

Jack and Hollie have a black Runaround tube as part of their set-up. They are made from a very thick, rigid plastic - lovely and strong. They love it. :)

They also have a green Snugglesafe tube which is very nibbled and gets thrown around the aviary when we're not fast enough letting them out or bringing veggies etc lol. ;)

Mine have kitten ones, its like a purple camoflarged one

703100.jpg

its hugeee! matilda lovess it!!! loadsss of height for them to run through it! x

I get wicker laundry baskets from poundstretcher and cut the ends off, and a bit of the side if they're round, and use those.

The big terracotta type ones are good, but you have to be lucky enough to encounter a builder/highway maintenance person when they're digging out some old ones, and beg for them!

I used to work for the gas pipeline company Transco and got our rabbits an off cut of 12" yellow gas main for the garden. This is great stuff to submerge and make an underground tunnel for them. But obviously don't get too involved with the project and make it too large/deep, because we all know what rabbits can be like when it comes to 'home time'!

Pop to your local National Grid Gas (as its now called) depot and ASK someone if they have an offcut you can have from one of their skips. They'll be happy to oblige I'm sure, or failing that, another utility company, water, BT etc.

I used to work for the gas pipeline company Transco and got our rabbits an off cut of 12" yellow gas main for the garden. This is great stuff to submerge and make an underground tunnel for them. But obviously don't get too involved with the project and make it too large/deep, because we all know what rabbits can be like when it comes to 'home time'!

Pop to your local National Grid Gas (as its now called) depot and ASK someone if they have an offcut you can have from one of their skips. They'll be happy to oblige I'm sure, or failing that, another utility company, water, BT etc.

Thats agreat idea....Im always scouting the roadsides when Im driving about - but always see them on the M25 or some where that you cant stop:roll:
I had a look for my local National Grid depot...but couldnt find anything...like a location...

How do we find these depots? Call them or...not quite sure how to go about finding a local one that I can just drive to....:?:oops:

"The Runaround" stuff.. its so expensive i think for what you get....the tunnels seem ok - but the "binky" boxes and other runs are so tiny....:?
Are their plastic tunnels perforated inside or smooth?

If anyone has them - and they are smooth - do the buns slip?:)

Thats agreat idea....Im always scouting the roadsides when Im driving about - but always see them on the M25 or some where that you cant stop:roll:

I'm always on the look out too. :oops: :lol:

We've got one of the thick black plastic tunnels - I made my husband ask all the builders who came into where he works until we got lucky and got an offcut. :lol::lol:

I had a look for my local National Grid depot...but couldnt find anything...like a location...

How do we find these depots? Call them or...not quite sure how to go about finding a local one that I can just drive to....:?:oops:

"The Runaround" stuff.. its so expensive i think for what you get....the tunnels seem ok - but the "binky" boxes and other runs are so tiny....:?
Are their plastic tunnels perforated inside or smooth?

If anyone has them - and they are smooth - do the buns slip?:)

The corner boxes/binky boxes seem similar in price to the Trixie pens and are higher to allow for a full stretch.I think as they are essentially cornering areas the sizes seem fine.I need a really robust run as our dogs squash the wire down on the top of others that we have bought.they are not designed as runs per se but as an add on to a run of tunnels and tubes.I will let you know about the inside of the tunnels although I had heard that they are ribbed unlike the builders version which is smooth.

I'm always on the look out too. :oops: :lol:

We've got one of the thick black plastic tunnels - I made my husband ask all the builders who came into where he works until we got lucky and got an offcut. :lol::lol:

:thumb:Thats funny! Every time I drive now seeing people looking sideways at the "view" - I know that really they "scoping the joint for tunnels!":lol:
Great you got one eventually!

The corner boxes/binky boxes seem similar in price to the Trixie pens and are higher to allow for a full stretch.I think as they are essentially cornering areas the sizes seem fine.I need a really robust run as our dogs squash the wire down on the top of others that we have bought.they are not designed as runs per se but as an add on to a run of tunnels and tubes.I will let you know about the inside of the tunnels although I had heard that they are ribbed unlike the builders version which is smooth.

yeah I see what you mean;)
aaah thanks - that would be great!:wave:

Back