• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What has your rabbit taught you?

whiskers

Warren Scout
Hehe I just wanted to see some responses on this one...what has your rabbit taught you about life/love/whatever?
One biggie I learned is that a rabbit does what it wants, when it wants ;)
Or, more profoundly, mine remind me to be sensitive to their feelings and to be gentle, hopefully, this will extend to my interactions with other people and how I see the world in general.

Mine have really taught me never to underestimate animals or people. So many people think rabbits are little more than...well rabbits. But they are funny, they are clever, they are bursting with personality, they are affectionate and if you hurt them badly you can hurt them forever, just like people.

Mine have really taught me never to underestimate animals or people. So many people think rabbits are little more than...well rabbits. But they are funny, they are clever, they are bursting with personality, they are affectionate and if you hurt them badly you can hurt them forever, just like people.

This exactly :) Rabbit's have so much character and personality that I never realised before I met Oscar :love:

Bramble has taught me just how intelligent rabbits, and other animals are. It's also made me understand how people love their pets so much :love:

Pie has taught me just how precious and short life really is. And to accept whats going on in the now and not the future or past.
Oberon has taught me patience. As he is a sensitive little man that is quite timid but is getting so much better with time.

Having rabbits has had quite a profound impact on my life! I have always been an animal lover or so I thought, but over the last 2.5years having D&D I have come to see and respect animals in a completely new way. It started with an increasing sensitivity to seeing animals killed on the road (quite a few bunnies where I live :cry:) and escalated to really becoming aware of what I was eating. I have spent 40years eating meat with half of my family having grown up on a farm so big meat eaters. I seem to have had a eureka moment as if Ive walked out of a drug induced haze and all I can see in the shops are rows and rows of processed animals when we have enough knowledge science and technology to never have to eat meat at all! Now that Im really aware I am actually dumbfounded at how much meat there is and how programmed I am to pick it up without thinking! I took the plunge and have been vegetarian since the start of the year :D

not to leave beaded necklaces, cables, wires, handbags, shoes etc around
not to leave lit tealights in easy reach of whiskers
that no matter how small a hole seems to be an industrious rabbit will find a way to get inside

Thats a good way of putting it, mine have all taught me that even though you face many dangers you get on with it if you see what I mean, they've taught me that rabbits are intelligent little pets and that when you win their trust and they feel 'safe' they are very loving and responsive, they are so intuitive and they've taught me a lot about using your instincts and trusting them through observing them I always feel more in tune with nature, only the other day they were both binkying about and all of a sudden I heard what i thought was a seagull quite high up - Jingle bolted into the aviary and sat at the door ears up and on edge - Ness stayed perfectly still ears on alert when I looked up there were 2 buzzards circling really high up in the sky literally miles away - riding the thermals - they weren't a direct threat but, the sound made them assess it and 2 mins later they were binkying :lol:

Mine have taught me to put their needs before my own :) for example, I am permanently knackered because I have been up early to feed them/let them out every day since I got them in October, and sometimes I really really need to sleep, but my conscience won't let me, I think 'my babies will be hungry!' and they always, always come first :) I really do love them like they're my children :love: I would do anything for them :love:

My bun has taught me that life wont stop if dont I constantly hoover up the hay!

The other day, our living room looked like a barn, he was having a whale of a time dragging a bag of hay about. So, sat amongst the mess and had a cup of tea!

Rach x

:wave: i like this thread.
my buns have taught me just how important it is to keep the ones you love near. they have also amazed me with how much they trust me and that has made me want to 'step up' and never abuse that trust in any way shape or form. im a better person for having them :)

Patience, love, self sacrifice, the value of ALL life, and not to store bananas less than 3' from ground level.

I know that's a really corny list but they genuinely taught me what it is to love - I remember always getting a weird feeling when I thoguht about Poppy and after a while I realised it was cos I loved her :lol: and I'd not loved anyone before. bless Poppy :love:

my buns have taught me just how important it is to keep the ones you love near. they have also amazed me with how much they trust me and that has made me want to 'step up' and never abuse that trust in any way shape or form. im a better person for having them :)

I know what you mean; I've seen their trust grow with me over time and when a few days ago Nyxie started to show me that she really trusts me, it was a singular life experience for me. I imagine myself in her place and am amazed that such a tiny girl could be so in love with a big awkward human like me. :love:

This. :thumb:

I don't know, it's hard to put my finger on it, that there are more important things in life. It's good, I feel like he's been here so much longer than he has which is lovely.

One of mine in particular has taught me.. never lose faith..
A cruelty case, who could so easily have given up on life and yet although I could cry everytime I look at him.... he is so happy and has forgiven humans .
Dont know if I could be so forgiving:(

One of mine in particular has taught me.. never lose faith..
A cruelty case, who could so easily have given up on life and yet although I could cry everytime I look at him.... he is so happy and has forgiven humans .
Dont know if I could be so forgiving:(

That is lovely..you really saved this bunny; he must know that not all humans are like that since you have been loving towards him and he knows it :)

Back