• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How to make tunnels from bunnies hutch to their run?

andy5898

Warren Scout
I have been looking at these tunnels which you can buy for rabbits to play in and get to their runs etc. Which all look very smart but are also quite expensive.
Plus my giant bunny won't fit through them.

So what I want to do is build my own tunnels, has anyone done this before and can give me advice on what they did. I know you can buy the tunnels in 4ft lengths but that is not long enough and to have to buy them in lengths seems very expensive.

So I want to creat my own overground tunnels for my bunnies to go from their hutches to their runs without fear that anything could attack them. Can anyone give me advice on how to do it?

Cheers

Have you any building sites nearby?

I got offcut lengths of piping from friendly builders.....plenty big enough for giant buns too!

I used 2 big tunnels (£26 each I think now?) to make an 8 foot tunnel from hutch to run, from Runaround. This is on my patio so no need to worry about digging out, and it is totally secure. It is very tall and wide and I love watching Lola and Peter zoom up and down it, feet flying!

Am not sure if my 'creations' are the type of thing you're looking for as mine go inside the run. Have just posted a new thread with pics if you want to check them out. They're pretty obvious in how they've been constructed. I hope they can be of some help or inspiration. (oh- and I counter sank the screws!! 's a new thing for me !!:lol::lol::lol:)
:D

Back