• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Litter tray, 2 buns not having any of it.

gareth_mattey

Warren Scout
Hi,

Well 2 of my buns are ok with pooping in there litter tray but the other 2 arent having it.

Its not like they choose a corner or spot, they just pop out everywhere and having to use loads of hay as theyre weeing and pooping all over it.

Ive tried moving it in different areas where theres more poops than others, placing there poops in the litter trays, wiping there wee up and putting the paper in the litter tray but all of this makes no difference, they aint learning.

Anything else i can try?

Yes they are both neutered/spayed, i thought this would improve things but it hasnt made any difference to the female, male was already neutered when i got him.

I gave up on 2 of mine, I tried everything to litter train them, now I have just resigned myself to the fact they are dirty buxxers

Hi, I too had the same problem, both neutered bunnies. Boycie the male is as good as gold, but Zippy our female rescue bun is untrainable!!

I too mopped up the wee and moved boxes around, but 18 months on and no improvement. It sfrustrating because I swear she waits until i clean them out before she chooses a new spot to wee in :roll:

Sorry I can't offer any practical advice but everything offered on here was tried and we failed miserably! :lol:

you could try putting their hay right next to the litter box so that they can munch on hay and poo all at the same time. It kind of works for my 5 bunnies.
It`s kind of like when a bloke sits on the bog and reads the paper :D

you could try putting their hay right next to the litter box so that they can munch on hay and poo all at the same time. It kind of works for my 5 bunnies.

This ^

:lol: sorry, no advice but this made me giggle :lol:

Back