• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What to do when I first get the rabbits home

Alicia

Mama Doe
If the homecheck goes well tomorrow I might be able to get the rabbits on Friday after school. It will probably be dark by the time I get them back, and I don't know if it would be best to put them in the hutch, with their food, hay and everything and just look in the hutch regularly to check their ok, to let them settle in? But, I'm also out on Saturday morning (revision session at school which I can't get out of :( ) And I don't want to get the rabbits on Friday and just leave them to it, but I want to give them enough time to settle in. So how long should I leave them to settle in? I don't want to scare them when they first get here.

Actually leaving them to settle is a good thing. :)
Then you can have some bonding time when you get back on Saturday.
Is there any way you can sit in the run with them or be with them on their level? That's the best way I've found. They can then run up to you in their own time. And you can bribe them with some treats. ;)

Actually leaving them to settle is a good thing. :)
Then you can have some bonding time when you get back on Saturday.
Is there any way you can sit in the run with them or be with them on their level? That's the best way I've found. They can then run up to you in their own time. And you can bribe them with some treats. ;)

:thumb:

Back