• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I have told the buns they are being evicted

loppy ears

Warren Veteran
Told the buns today they are being evicted within the next couple weeks, they are however being offered new improved housing in the form of a kennel and run, I cannot wait for it to arrive now, the base is being laid tomorrow:)

Will they find the move stressful?

Are they housebuns at the mo? MIne were housebuns then last summer went to live (and poop everywhere) in the great outdoors and they seemed to prefer it tbh, they were loads more active than when they were indoors, then i must admit they looked a bit miserable when we had all that freezing cold weather then they had to come in for a month due to Joejoes stasis and being on meds (well it only needed to be 10 days but i dragged it out lol) and they went back out last week again and seem dead happy. They've got a nice all weather hutch and run cover to keep them warm and dry and i put a couple of snugglesafes out at bedtime - we've moved their hutch&run up on to the decking though so they are right outside the kitchen window and i've put some LED lights form Maplins on the ceiling of the hutch upstairs so I can see them, and they can see me if i'm at the sink or back door :) better than trudging down the garden when its bad weather too!

Maybe you could try them in the kennel&run during the day for a few hours to start with so they get used to it, and when they do go in there permanently put as much of their stuff out there as you can like favourite mats etc so the smells are familiar.

They are outdoor buns in a hutch at the moment but will be moving down the garden into a larger kennel and run.

I moved mine into their shed down the bottom of the garden and run from a hutch at the beginning of March. I just moved them in and they seemed fine, they actually enjoyed the fact that it was a larger space than they were used to. They didn't seem to be stressed at all. I would have thought they would be fine.

Here is my set up

http://s1208.photobucket.com/albums/cc370/jojenks1/

You have a lovely set up, I hope my two like the extra space and do not demand to go back to the hutch.

I don;t think it will be stressful at all!! Mine seem to love being moved as it gives them somewhere new to explore (and poop!) with new smells etc. I am sure they will love it :D

My two are so much happier in the shed! I used to lock them in the sleeping compartment of their hutch at night coz I was afraid of something getting them in the night, and I hated doing it because it seemed awful to lock them up in such a small area. Now they are in the shed they have free range of it all night so I don't feel bad that the haven't enough room to move. When I let them out into the run in the morning they binky for Britain! Am sure once you move yours the hutch will be a distant memory to them!

mine are indoor buns, but they always go out when the weather warms up.

This is their outdoor run and shed ( currently occupied by chickens that move to run at bottom of garden).

DSCF2134-1.jpg

DSCF2131.jpg

forgot to say - they love it outside as I don't confine them at night.

Last edited:
Back