• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Question about ashes

Nicola1

Wise Old Thumper
Sorry to be morbid... but after your bun is cremated do the ashes have to go in a casket or could they go in any wooden box?

The crematorium normally have wooden boxes or caskets they sometimes have a little plaque on them, or I think they have cardboard boxes if you intend to scatter or place in another casket or box and you prefer this, they are normally really nice people who will talk you through everything.

Nicola sending you lots of hugs.

I got Sammys ashed back in January.. They came in a casket with his name etc on.. Ive still got them in the house as Im not ready to scatter them or anything yet...

Thank you, I was thinking of just getting them put in a scatter box and buying a box separately that's just a bit more personal

I got Sammys ashed back in January.. They came in a casket with his name etc on.. Ive still got them in the house as Im not ready to scatter them or anything yet...

I might scatter some when I have a house with a garden,I'd like to plant some sunflowers and scatter his ashes in the soil because he loved sunbathing so much

So sorry to hear about your bunny.

For Nancy I got the wooden box. That way I can keep it. Although I have my first 2 bunnies in a scatter box each. I scattered some of their ashes together as they were brother and sister. Even though there was 18 months between their passing. I have kept the rest. All the ashes came with me when I moved.

I might scatter some when I have a house with a garden,I'd like to plant some sunflowers and scatter his ashes in the soil because he loved sunbathing so much

Theres no rush Nicola . It takes time and you need to grieve..
My thoughts are with you..

Sorry to be morbid... but after your bun is cremated do the ashes have to go in a casket or could they go in any wooden box?

Ambrose's ashes are in a lovely carved wooden box, with his name on a small brass plate. This is how he was returned to me.

He will have Maisie, Barnaby the bunnies and Dougal and Rosie the gps' to keep him company.

Back