• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Price of neuturing ?

I paid £50 in December 2010 and that included him being hospitalised overnight. (my vet keeps them in to ensure they are eating before going home).

it seems to vary widely from vt to vet some do it per weight so if you have a giant it will cost more than a nethie say and some do it justa s a set cost, some include pain relief adn antibiotics in qoute others dont most will include the operation, hospital stay, pain relief during, pain relief to take home if needed, antibiotics, and two check ups.1 3days later 1 in 10daystime.

what they dont ever include is if your rabbit nibbles out his stitches and has to be re sorted under anestetic!!! (coco is the only bunny who did this to me! and he did have pain relief he just is naughty!)

my vets used to charge £42 and its now £65 for a male, but i know some vetsa re aroun the £80 mark the most important thing is the rabbit savvyness of your vet xx

Mine charge £78+

It's worth phoning local vets and asking as the price will differ from place to place and vet to vet :)

£64.50 for neuter
£94.52 for a spay
£6 for injection
£12 for Metacam (I think)

They don't seem to give the "full" advice directed for particular animals and their reactions/after effect much but they are very experienced with rabbit operations etc.

I've just paid £45 for everything. Feeling quite pleased now after reading some of the other prices...sorry :oops: :D

My vets are cheap for injections but not for neutering.

Males £60-80 i think, not certain as never had to get my males done as neutered when i got them.

Females £90-120, my dwarf lop cost £100. Shes only small and they classed her as a large rabbit.

Lolas going on tuesday and shes twice as big as the lop so expecting full whack price at £120.

Lucky was £60 - Daisy was 'done' when we got her. It does vary from vet to vet tho.

My vets have a half price sale on atm on neutering:shock::D So Hari's neuter will cost me £37.00 which i think is fab:D:D:D

My vets have a half price sale on atm on neutering:shock::D So Hari's neuter will cost me £37.00 which i think is fab:D:D:D

Yeah the vets at the end of my road just did a half price promotion, paid £28.50 each for Benji, Lily_white's Dave and booked Fred one of Pixie_rabbit's in as well (the one I fostered, his new owners have called him Jasper) I paid £55 for Toby but there is another vets in the area who charge £38.50 for castrated and spays.

Back