• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rescues (or anyone with lots)- how many buns do you have

weedug

Mama Doe
And do you have time to spend with each bun, every day? And do they each have their own run, or do they share?

Just being nosy :oops::oops:

We have 30 buns. We offer permanent sanctuary places, so we like rabbits to have 24hr access to a run attached to their hutch if possible. This isn't always possible in winter because some of our more vulnerable rabbits have to go into the garage or house during the colder months.

We also have some runs on the lawn, but I can only put the rabbits out at weekends, or sometimes evenings during the summer. We have foxes around here, so I can't have the rabbits out on the lawn unless I'm watching them.

Being a sanctuary, we like all our rabbits to live in a pair or group because they are permanent residents, so we require fewer runs than a rescue who rehomes mainly single rabbits

Forgot to add...

I don't get to spend much 'quality time' with the rabbits because I work full-time to fund the sanctuary. The only time I spend with most of them is when I clean/ feed/ medicate them. I have to concentrate my time/efforts on any rabbits who are sick or need extra care.

We have 31 buns :wave:

Most of ours have shed/playhouse and run combinations. But a few of our more vulnerable outside buns live in hutches in the shed and come out into garden runs daily weather permitting.

The indoor buns all have free range time in the house and some go out in the large garden runs in the summer

I spend all day with ours :)

Back