• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Which is your favourite rabbit rescue/charity?

Hoppit!

Wise Old Thumper
We're only £5 off completing our £100 goal for ShelterBox, so it's time to start thinking of another charity to fundraise for. I'd like to do it for a rabbit rescue this time, but there are so many to choose from! I've never even been to one before, as there aren't any down here, so I need your help in deciding!

C'mon then, which is your favourite rabbit rescue centre/organisation, and why?

Camp Nibble; they gave me Roger and Betty (who lives with O/H mum), they adore all their animals and there's only Hannah and her husband and now new baby, so I feel they need all the help they can get! :D

Honeybunnys as they let me adopt my gorgeous little girl :love:
I also feel Rainbow Rabbits do an AMAZING job in the care of their buns

I think it's lovely that you want to help a rescue :D but I'm concerned that chosing one this way might upset people :(

As tiger_lily has suggested, maybe donate the money to PAP and help lots rather than just one :wave:

I think it's lovely that you want to help a rescue :D but I'm concerned that chosing one this way might upset people :(

As tiger_lily has suggested, maybe donate the money to PAP and help lots rather than just one :wave:

I don't see why it should upset anyone? We all love rabbits right? I only ask on here, because, like I say, I don't have any experience of them myself - you never know just picking a random one off the internet whether it's a scam.

How does pledge a pound work then? Does what ever you donate get split evenly between all the rescues on their list?

I don't see why it should upset anyone? We all love rabbits right? I only ask on here, because, like I say, I don't have any experience of them myself - you never know just picking a random one off the internet whether it's a scam.

How does pledge a pound work then? Does what ever you donate get split evenly between all the rescues on their list?

this explains how pledge a pound works.

To be honest, I think if I was a rescue and everybody on here nominated another rescue to have money raised for it, I would get quite upset and think my rescue wasn't good enough. I think PAP helps the most people too :wave:

I was thinking the same, there are so many over looked rescues, who are working hard to keep going, but don't necessarily have the time or resources to be on here and keep them in the 'poblics' mind. I can bet you that many said by the frequenters of the forum are those that we hear and see time and again fundraisers being set up for them, either by themselves or other autorised fundraisers.

I know Hannah at Camp Nibble has soo many baby bunnies waiting for neuters, They have come from a large rescue. I know she can't get on much, just the same as other small rescues like brinsley buns and many more besides.

Just that those who aren't picked might be upset and as someone has already said, it doesn't mean they aren't worthy candidates :D

I totally agree re. the problem with chosing one off the internet though - there are a lot of scammers about :evil:

This is another good reason for going down the PAP route as all of the associated rescues are verfied :D:wave:

Looks like PAP has won the vote then! :lol: I just don't know that £3 for each rescue would help much. :( Guess it would buy a few veggies or something anyway.

I suspect it would go into this months fundraising pot, and it will be divided between the 4 rescues chosen this month, so it would be £33.33, which could buy 3 vaccs, or a neuter and some veggies, or something else as equally important. So yes it will help!

Maybe email Denise (BunnyAddict) who helps run PAP and ask her to clarify everything to you, so you are 100% confident about where your money is going.

Last edited:
Looks like PAP has won the vote then! :lol: I just don't know that £3 for each rescue would help much. :( Guess it would buy a few veggies or something anyway.

Ah but when the £3 is added to all the other donations.... it will buy a lot of veggies .... Every little helps as they say :lol:

There is a Bunny farm where they look after negleted-unwanted bunnies...:cry: not sure exactly where they are though..

Not like my little George spolit rotten :love:

I'd find one near you, go visit and check you are happy with how they do things and give it to them :) I think if you have a reasonable amount to donate I'd give it to one rescue as it will make more of a difference that way rather than giving a small amount to lots.

I'd find one near you, go visit and check you are happy with how they do things and give it to them :) I think if you have a reasonable amount to donate I'd give it to one rescue as it will make more of a difference that way rather than giving a small amount to lots.

I don't have any near me, that's the problem!

Hopper Haven :love: :love: it is a magical place to visit, Lou is totally dedicated to bunnies and piggies and of course two of my precious bunnies came from there :love:

2nd to Hopper Haven is Pledge a Pound, such a wonderful fundraiser that benefits so many rescues who we otherwise forget even exist as they dont really have the time to come to RU to remind us they are there.

As nice as it is to have people nominate Honeybunnies..I too agree that PAP would be a good idea as helps so many..and as Jen has already said..all of us rescues included in PAP have been verified .
Well done Hoppit for thinking of bunnies:D

Back