• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Using puppy crate post-neuter...

susie bun

Wise Old Thumper
... I'm wondering if I should introduce Spenser to the puppy crate before his Big Day. Interested in any views, esp if you have had an outdoor rabbit in overnight after GA. :wave:

The first time Alfie was indoors overnight I just plonked him in the crate without a second thought as to whether he would like it or not. :oops: Alfie is very laid back and not easily phased by anything though.

Bubbles has always been inside with Alfie so has always had company to take her mind off the strange surroundings.

Given Spenser's general 'fussiness' ;) I don't think it would hurt to have the crate up, pop some treats in and let him explore it - perhaps when he's in the conservatory - just so that it's not completely new and scary.

The puppy crate will probably be in my bedroom after the Big Day, as even well into March the temperature in the conservatory can touch zero overnight. :shock: Spenser's recovery zone might be allocated downstairs when my Dad remembers how heavy the puppy crate is. It's a big one, I only call it a puppy crate becasue I don't like dogs.

Back