• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Advice when rehoming your bunny

bugsbunnylover

Warren Scout
When you rehome a bunny do you think
you should go by gut instinct?
Should you look at all homes offered to them before deciding where to rehome them?
And would anyone do a homecheck for me ?
Any advice would be great:love:

I would look at all the homes offered to find the best and speak to the possible new owner, deffinately do a homecheck so you have seen where your rabbit will be going to. Do you have to rehome your rabbit?

I would look at all the homes offered to find the best and speak to the possible new owner, deffinately do a homecheck so you have seen where your rabbit will be going to. Do you have to rehome your rabbit?

Thanks for replying to my question:love:
I have 3 rabbits i need to rehome due to the fact i cant cope with 4 rabbits and im also moving to Germany the first week of june and even if i could cope with them all we could not all fit in the car and animal couriers want £900 just for two dogs and two rabbits so its going to be alot more with four rabbits.
So i am just taking one rabbit so we can all fit in the car just:)
Im just really worried that i wont be able to find them homes before i go:cry:

I have 3 rabbits i need to rehome due to the fact i cant cope with 4 rabbits and im also moving to Germany the first week of june and even if i could cope with them all we could not all fit in the car and animal couriers want £900 just for two dogs and two rabbits so its going to be alot more with four rabbits.

Do your rabbits all live separately?

Are you having to rehome the dogs as well?

I'm sorry you're rehoming your rabbits :( Could you PM SOAD to post in the rabbits in need section on here?

Sorry to hear you are rehoming your bunnies :(

Did you know they are very social animals? and prefer to live in pairs or groups?
If your buns are neutered/spayed you could possibly bond them :) But then you wouldnt be able to take them with you? :? But if you did bond them you could buy a larger carrier for them to fit in together. Though i dont think i would take my bun to another country... :? I think it might be too much for a bun, with all the stress etc.

If i was rehoming my buns i would homecheck and speak to all possible owners to find the best home for them :)

You could PM SOAD and have them put up in the rabbits in need section of the forum and upload them to rabbit rehome too :)

Hope you find them great new homes!

Sorry to hear you are rehoming your bunnies :(

Did you know they are very social animals? and prefer to live in pairs or groups?
If your buns are neutered/spayed you could possibly bond them :) But then you wouldnt be able to take them with you? :? But if you did bond them you could buy a larger carrier for them to fit in together. Though i dont think i would take my bun to another country... :? I think it might be too much for a bun, with all the stress etc.

If i was rehoming my buns i would homecheck and speak to all possible owners to find the best home for them :)

You could PM SOAD and have them put up in the rabbits in need section of the forum and upload them to rabbit rehome too :)

Hope you find them great new homes!

I have a large carrier because the one rabbit im taking is a french lop and he thinks he is a dog:lol:
The doe i have is spayed however the two bucks have not been neutered

definatly do a homecheck, and yes gut instinct is important even if the home seems perfect if you dont like the people then just dont do it i always think there is a reason for gut instinct on the other hand i have turned down people who are great bunny owners when they arent the "right" home for a particular rabbit, ie. stitch, he was blind and needed to be an indoors bun my mum offered to take him and while she is a brilliant bunny mum and i trust her 100% with my bunnies but she didnt have the type of home he needed, he needed somewhere where there were not to many things to bump into with someone who could calmly move him on and be with him almost all the time, i found the perfect home eventually and am still in touch and freinds with the person who took him on (sadly he is now at the bridge) so dont be afraid to say no to anyone who isnt suitable, the bunny must come first! :) x

Back