• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is this rubber flooring ok for a Rex?

p_prod_uk

Mama Doe
Hi guys, is this flooring ok for a rex bun?

The thickness is shown in pic 1 (see just below my finger!)

Floor1.jpg

Floor2.jpg

Floor3.jpg

Thanks
Nicky :D

Sorry I dont know the answer to your question, just wanted to say that your setup looks great. I am looking for a new flooring solution for my bunnies. Would you not be worried of them chewing the flooring though?

Yes I am a little worried, but these 2 buns aren't the greatest chewers (unlike their other fluffy friends :roll:) so will just have to keep an eye on them and the flooring.

They're being bonded at the moment, so am hoping they'll be too loved up to be up for chewing when they arrive home :love::love:

sure they will be. I know if i put it down for my boys it would be fine but if I put it in with the girls it would last 2 minutes if that lol

I use this flooring but have it the other side up so it is softer. Did you get it from B&Q (I am after some new squares)

I think that'll be brill for a Rex. Looks softer than the runner stable matting I would use.

I use this flooring but have it the other side up so it is softer. Did you get it from B&Q (I am after some new squares)

ah, we did wonder, but i was worried that bunny nails would get stuck in the softer side as it's easy to put a nail mark in etc. Have you had no problems with yours softer side up?

I happened to mention to my brother in law that I was after some of these and he had about 40 of them from when he worked in a gym running his own classes. They were used as safety mats etc. So i got them for free!! :D

Maplin have the exact same ones on offer at the moment though. Pack of 6 for £12.99 down from £19.99

http://www.maplin.co.uk/interlocking-cushioned-floor-mats-217645

I think that'll be brill for a Rex. Looks softer than the runner stable matting I would use.

thanks! We were worried that the bobbles may be a bit abrasive. not sure whether to turn it over now onto softer side or not...

Thanks tho :wave:

Back