• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Keeping the rabbits warm

Alicia

Mama Doe
I know it's going into Spring now but it's still quite frosty in the mornings here and I don't want the rabbits getting cold. At the rescue they are in a barn so it's not really warm there but there were 4 of them to cuddle up together and I'm only getting 2 of them. I was going to put lots of hay in the hutch, and cover the hutch with tarpaulin or something. I've also got a plastic dog bed that I could fill with hay. I was also thinking of getting one of these (I like that it's quite enclosed):
http://mypetcarrier.co.uk/catalog/images/ancol_black_camo_bed.jpg

What do you think? And how else can I keep them warm? I'm hoping to get a heatpad but I might not be able to get one for a little while.

I have 3 rabbits outside and also 3 guinea pigs, they have servived all winter with thick bedding, hair and straw then ordinary bath towels over the hutches, then a layer of tarp over the top! I go out their first thing and even their ears are warm, so I can tell there nice and snug

Same as above and I also have some polystyrene sheets I got from eBay round the outside of their sleeping area and on their roof.

Plenty hay/straw in stuffed in a confined space like the sleeping end of a hutch should do them. Even with this, I go out at 1am and they are sitting on the slabs downstairs :?

Back