• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Naughty boy bunny!

helennnnnn

Wise Old Thumper
My lovely little boy bunny is turning into a hormonal driven teenager! I got him at Christmas, where he was about 2 months old, so now is nearly 5 months. He's currently on antibiotics so we can't give him the chop yet, still awaiting his VHD vaccination (he became ill after having the Myxi vac). Hopefully he'll be well enough to have his VHD next week when I take him for another check up, as he finishes his (long course of!) antibiotics this week. And then after that, hopefully be ready for the chop! (shhh don't tell him).

Is there anything I can do to calm him down in the meantime?? The last week or so have been getting close to unbearable! Constantly grabbing on to me on feet/legs/arms and trying to bite me, or climbing up my legs in what I think as an attempt at humping me! Also being naughtier than usual in his digging up the carpet but I can just about cope with that. I just can't seem to get anything done as he won't leave me alone, he seems to think that I am his girlfriend! I'm getting a bit cross with him even though I know I shouldn't as it's not his fault; just driving me crazy! He is sat on my shoulder as I type this and nibbling at my hair, sometimes I wonder if he thinks that he's a parrot.

He is sat on my shoulder as I type this and nibbling at my hair, sometimes I wonder if he thinks that he's a parrot.

HAHAHA!! :lol: A parrot....
Well he sure does love you, at least that much is clear! ;) Yeeahh...neutering is in order. Best of luck for holding out in the meantime. :lol:

Give him lots of toys to play with and his own soft toy friend for him to groom and do what ever he wants with.

My lovely little boy bunny is turning into a hormonal driven teenager! I got him at Christmas, where he was about 2 months old, so now is nearly 5 months. He's currently on antibiotics so we can't give him the chop yet, still awaiting his VHD vaccination (he became ill after having the Myxi vac). Hopefully he'll be well enough to have his VHD next week when I take him for another check up, as he finishes his (long course of!) antibiotics this week. And then after that, hopefully be ready for the chop! (shhh don't tell him).

Is there anything I can do to calm him down in the meantime?? The last week or so have been getting close to unbearable! Constantly grabbing on to me on feet/legs/arms and trying to bite me, or climbing up my legs in what I think as an attempt at humping me! Also being naughtier than usual in his digging up the carpet but I can just about cope with that. I just can't seem to get anything done as he won't leave me alone, he seems to think that I am his girlfriend! I'm getting a bit cross with him even though I know I shouldn't as it's not his fault; just driving me crazy! He is sat on my shoulder as I type this and nibbling at my hair, sometimes I wonder if he thinks that he's a parrot.

all those things floppy would do including peeing on me my hubby and son up walls sofa anywere he could incl the cat !! hes been spayed maybe 4 weeks ago now he has calmed down but the carpet digging has carried on i think hes just a digger so now he has a digging box and a crisp box to trash much much better the grabbing of clothes has stopped also the sprayin stopped imediatley hes not calm lol but hes a lovley bun now get him the plumm fairy visit kik

Last edited:
He has a bazillion toys so I don't think that's the problem. He just prefers me!!

Unfortunately, he came off antibiotics (last dose yesterday morning) for pasteurella and he seems to be getting worse again today :-( He still had a wet nose, but this evening it is getting a bit crusty again, like it was when he was first diagnosed :-( So I am thinking a trip back to the vet is in order for tomorrow! If he has to go back onto antibiotics again (this is his 2nd type and has been on these for 6 weeks) it'll push back his VHD vaccination even more, and getting the chop will be back down the list of things to do again!

I would rather have a frisky healthy bunny than a poorly bun though.

Give him lots of toys to play with and his own soft toy friend for him to groom and do what ever he wants with.

Totally agree! Years go when I had a Magic, before getting him neutered he was a total nightmare! Couldn't have friends over without him having a go at their legs!!:shock: I gave him a nice round soft toy and it did the trick for the time before the chop! (obviously I threw the toy away after) :D

I may have to find him a toy bunny to be "friends" with then! Due to being back on antibiotics, he won't be getting the chop for a while :-( And he is still driving me mental! I am a bit worried about him pulling fur out of a toy though as he chew on EVERYTHING!

I'm sorry to hear he's poorly. :( Hopefully he'll be all better soon, and you'll be able to get him 'done'.

RE VHD jab, I'd definately ask for Lapinject if I were you. Cylap is nasty stuff.

Back