• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vet School Tv Programme

Alibunmum

Wise Old Thumper
This series is based in the Edinburgh vet school, looking at the patients they see and behind the scenes look.

There was a great section tonight about rabbits. It looked at the number of buns in rescues and visited one in Edinburgh. It was the rescue where my first rescue bun came from! It then looked at how to bond the rabbit with a potential mate and gave a good example of a rabbit enclosure.

It also looked at a bun with an eye problem undergoing eye surgery and the fact that as prey species they don't show signs of pain.

It is available to watch on the internet.

http://programmes.stv.tv/vet-school

Have you been there a while? Do you remember Mittens? Fluffy white long haired bun. I adopted her last Juneish but unfortunately she had to be pts in January.:cry:

She did have a great time with us. She and Floppy were devoted to each other and were inseparable. I loved her to bits, she sat on my knee every evening to be groomed and was a wee sweetheart. I felt sick for days after making the decision. She was never a proper weight and you could always feel her bones. For some reason she suddenly started losing weight and, although we tried many things, her muscles were wasting away and it was like she was slowly starving to death, even though she had a ravenous appetite.

There is a picture here of her in her favourite spot in the garden. We used to watch her on a sunny day, having a munch at the grass then a rest on the seat! It went on all day!:D

http://www.britishbunnies.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=244

I am glad to be able to tell you her story. I tried emailing the rescue a few times but there was no response and I worried the messages weren't getting through.

My little Orla was from Paw Here, she was the litter that was born last June! :wave:

I take both my buns to the Edinburgh Vet School, its brilliant & the staff are so lovely!

Back